• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

All terrain tire ride feel

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Received the truck with all terrain due to recent shortage .. the truck ride feels like a soft spring, more like riding a raptor (not exact but close).. i don't think this is how it felt when riding the demo truck with all season tires..

Or is that just how the lighting drive? because all what i heard that all season and all terrain feels the same.
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You're most likely feeling the IRS and overall soft ride quality of the Lightning more than just the tires. Mine also was delivered with the AT tires due to shortage and I can't tell a difference between it and the one I test drove with AS tires. These General Grabbers are not really what I would consider real AT tires anyway, just a bit more aggressive than the AS with more tread on the shoulder.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Lariat ER with A/S tires.

I use the term wallowing, maybe walrus-like on undulating or poorly paved interstates at speed. 'Springy' might be close, too. It's better than any other truck I've ever driven and I'm not sure whether the tires do it. I think more like the heavy, low center-of-gravity, and IRS.
Sponsored