• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Almost Walking In Memphis - Pay It Forward

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
On a Lightning trip to Dallas to E-Bike - Got to the Electrify Am in Memphis which Pass & EA said was good to find out of order for past 3 weeks (all stations). Had only 60 mi. Left so could not make it to nearest CCS (in Forrest City, AR.) Able to beg a 6kw hookup from AutoNation Ford, Memphis (Thank You Mgr John!) for 5 Hr. So after a day back on the road. BTW - Nissan and GM Dealers (ChargePoint) turned me away.

Then in Mt. Pleasant, TX pulled into the EA and saw a dead Tesla who did have the CCS adapter. So hooked up my mobile charger with 30a male to 50a female adapter and the Tesla’s J adapter and gave him the 40 miles he needed to make it to the Super Charger in Sulfer Springs TX - I followed him and we did have to pull over 1/2 way there and jump him again because he drove 75mph and Tesla will not let the remaining range go to Zero.

With Tesla and Ford now becoming kissing cousins this month (and now GM) it seemed like the right thing to do.
Ford F-150 Lightning Almost Walking In Memphis - Pay It Forward IMG_0217
Ford F-150 Lightning Almost Walking In Memphis - Pay It Forward IMG_0215
Ford F-150 Lightning Almost Walking In Memphis - Pay It Forward IMG_0213
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
More good news Friday!!!!

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
On a Lightning trip to Dallas to E-Bike - Got to the Electrify Am in Memphis which Pass & EA said was good to find out of order for past 3 weeks (all stations). Had only 60 mi. Left so could not make it to nearest CCS (in Forrest City, AR.) Able to beg a 6kw hookup from AutoNation Ford, Memphis (Thank You Mgr John!) for 5 Hr. So after a day back on the road. BTW - Nissan and GM Dealers (ChargePoint) turned me away.

Then in Mt. Pleasant, TX pulled into the EA and saw a dead Tesla who did have the CCS adapter. So hooked up my mobile charger with 30a male to 50a female adapter and the Tesla’s J adapter and gave him the 40 miles he needed to make it to the Super Charger in Sulfer Springs TX - I followed him and we did have to pull over 1/2 way there and jump him again because he drove 75mph and Tesla will not let the remaining range go to Zero.

With Tesla and Ford now becoming kissing cousins this month (and now GM) it seemed like the right thing to do.
IMG_0217.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg
IMG_0213.jpeg
Good on you for helping a fellow EV’er in need. 👍

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
As Marc Cohn sings in Walking in Memphis, you saved a Tesla owner from being "as blue as a boy can be ..." (don't know if you had his song in mind when you titled your post! More power to you if you did! One of my favorite songs for its surreal nature - and your story has a surreal nature to it!)

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Had this embroidered on my mobile charger case. Haven't had to rescue a Tesla yet.
Ford F-150 Lightning Almost Walking In Memphis - Pay It Forward TeslaRescueKit

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
As Marc Cohn sings in Walking in Memphis, you saved a Tesla owner from being "as blue as a boy can be ..." (don't know if you had his song in mind when you titled your post! More power to you if you did! One of my favorite songs for its surreal nature - and your story has a surreal nature to it!)

Yes, indeed…I wondered if anyone would pick up on how well those lyrics fit the situation…and also, several have noticed the movie connection, karma-wise. Makes one wonder about fate vs choice…DEEP (I know) But, if not for John from Ford, I would have not been there at the moment of need for Mr. Tesla.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
On a Lightning trip to Dallas to E-Bike - Got to the Electrify Am in Memphis which Pass & EA said was good to find out of order for past 3 weeks (all stations).
Some tips on finding out if a location is working before it's a problem.

1) Always check locations in PlugShare when planning a trip, AND AGAIN the day of the trip. PlugShare shows this location unavailable effective 5/25/23, with a note from EA. https://www.plugshare.com/location/146855

2) The EA app is supposed to show current status. The EA website DOES NOT. EA has now added a note on the website that you cannot find real-time charge availability on the website after I complained to them earlier this year. Here's the note below:

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger/tn/memphis/2755-north-germantown-parkway/100204/

Ford F-150 Lightning Almost Walking In Memphis - Pay It Forward EA note.PNG

3) PlugShare works because of US. When you have a good charging session, log it in PlugShare. When you have a problem, log it in PlugShare AND report it via the EA app.

rvedala

First Name
Raghu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F 150 LIghtning 2023 Platinum edition

IMG_0217.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg
IMG_0213.jpeg
Enjoyed your post ( especially the phrase kissing cousins:). I am interested in learning more about E bikes. I know Porsche launched one recently. I charged at Wolfchase Nissan in Memphis TN yesterday and paid it with Visa. It’s open 24 hours and nice alternative to EA that has been malfunctioning for

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
ot to the Electrify Am in Memphis which Pass & EA said was good to find out of order for past 3 weeks (all stations)
The Memphis EA charger has been a disaster for at least two years. I've only ever seen two of four operational at any time I've been there. Fortunately there's a twelve-stall V3 Supercharger about a minute away from there that should be available to us in 6 short months.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Some tips on finding out if a location is working before it's a problem.

1) Always check locations in PlugShare when planning a trip, AND AGAIN the day of the trip. PlugShare shows this location unavailable effective 5/25/23, with a note from EA. https://www.plugshare.com/location/146855

2) The EA app is supposed to show current status. The EA website DOES NOT. EA has now added a note on the website that you cannot find real-time charge availability on the website after I complained to them earlier this year. Here's the note below:

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger/tn/memphis/2755-north-germantown-parkway/100204/

EA note.PNG

3) PlugShare works because of US. When you have a good charging session, log it in PlugShare. When you have a problem, log it in PlugShare AND report it via the EA app.
Actually, I used all my own notes taken from your copious posts and teachings over the past 18 months (I compiled them into a notebook) concerning how to best plan a trip and have a Plan A, Plan B, and a Life Saver Plan C. Up to the moment I arrived at the EA site Ford Pass told me the site was up, but my mistake(s) were trusting the EA website instead of the mobile (which does not work well on my iPad) and not double checking right up to the moment I got there. LESSON WELL LEARNED! I also took a more risky, longer route through the EV Charger Wasteland here in Central USA. Next trip I will be more conservative, at least until Ford sends me my Supercharger Adapter.

My advice to others is Listen to @RickLightning, for he knows of what he speaks.:sneaky:

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Enjoyed your post ( especially the phrase kissing cousins:). I am interested in learning more about E bikes. I know Porsche launched one recently. I charged at Wolfchase Nissan in Memphis TN yesterday and paid it with Visa. It’s open 24 hours and nice alternative to EA that has been malfunctioning for
I am not one to give good advice on E-Bikes since we are new to the game, and gravitate towards a different, more urban type (what with my (our) age being ancient). My wife has a Lectric Trike, and I am shopping soon for a Lectric XPremium (Fat Tire). Both bikes are foldable and fit in our Lightning 5.5" bed. Her trike has a range of 50 miles at full charge and at low speed so if I had run out of E, that was my Plan C. :sneaky: And the XPremium Extended Range (2 Batteries) will go 100 miles.
Sponsored