• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

An Electrician’s Lightning

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
My friend Alex who owns an electrical company installed my FCSP back in June last year and took me up on the offer to drive my truck.

He liked it and ended up picking up a 2022 Lariat SR off the lot so he could get under the cap for the $7500 tax credit.

Here are a couple photos of his truck that he is actually using to work with on jobs ( and not just the boss truck ). He was telling me today that one of the coolest things he has been able to offer customers is that he can power their refrigerator or any mission critical appliances while he has their power off and also use it to charge his tools and as a workspace .

I think it’s great to see people out there using these trucks for work. I suspect you won’t often see stuff like this going on with a Rivian .

If you are on Long Island and need some electrical work done or a FCSP installed, shoot me a message and I’ll give you his company info .

Ford F-150 Lightning An Electrician’s Lightning image000000

Ford F-150 Lightning An Electrician’s Lightning image000001
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
That's a brilliant use of resources and functionality for the electrician trades, especially while doing a house service upgrade where the home has to go off-line for many hours while the revisions are being done!!!!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Multiply this shot by at least 4 and that is how I backup a lot of stuff from the Lightning when power goes down:
Ford F-150 Lightning An Electrician’s Lightning IMG_20230213_223223951 crop power extension cords hallway feeding furnace wifi computer room b

A through the wall Reliance 230Vac splitter (into two 120Vac circuits, 6 outlets inside) is used next to the front door that I back the truck up to:
Ford F-150 Lightning An Electrician’s Lightning IMG_20230213_170120068_HDR Ford F150 Lightning power generator 230Vac 30A connected to house R

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Back in January, I had to do service install tree fell and ripped the service off the house. -12 is the temp the truck was reading at the time, but the wind chill brought down to -20. At 90% I had 112 miles of range and could not utilize the receptacles. So that something to think about if you trying to power things in the cold

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Back in January, I had to do service install tree fell and ripped the service off the house. -12 is the temp the truck was reading at the time, but the wind chill brought down to -20. At 90% I had 112 miles of range and could not utilize the receptacles. So that something to think about if you trying to power things in the cold
Yes .. It’s interesting that you mention this , because he is already wishing he had the ER . We compare notes daily on range.

Sponsored

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes .. It’s interesting that you mention this , because he is already wishing he had the ER . We compare notes daily on range.
I ordered the ER, mostly because I do not intend to use any charger other than the one in my garage. My truck is my daily driver, doing the occasional side job, dump run or what needs a truck. As someone who works in construction, my thought process, I am not going to drive more than 65 miles to any job, factor return trip at 130, add 20 for other things such as heat/ac so my max range is 150. Yes the SR would cover that, but not in the cold. When you can easily loose 50% when that temp drops. So with a make range of 320+, at 50% I am at 160 so that covered my needs.

I have nearly 12k miles on the truck since taking delivery back in Nov, and had only used a public charge station 3 times, that was only because we took the truck to drive to PA from CT for TurkeyDay. Other than that only been plugging in at home. If I intended to be using charge stations regularly, that would have defeated the purpose of why I bought an EV in the first place.

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered the ER, mostly because I do not intend to use any charger other than the one in my garage. My truck is my daily driver, doing the occasional side job, dump run or what needs a truck. As someone who works in construction, my thought process, I am not going to drive more than 65 miles to any job, factor return trip at 130, add 20 for other things such as heat/ac so my max range is 150. Yes the SR would cover that, but not in the cold. When you can easily loose 50% when that temp drops. So with a make range of 320+, at 50% I am at 160 so that covered my needs.

I have nearly 12k miles on the truck since taking delivery back in Nov, and had only used a public charge station 3 times, that was only because we took the truck to drive to PA from CT for TurkeyDay. Other than that only been plugging in at home. If I intended to be using charge stations regularly, that would have defeated the purpose of why I bought an EV in the first place.
I have the ER as well and just over 25,000 miles now. I only use EA chargers on road trips . Alex , the electrician , had to buy off the lot so he went with the SR . I assumed you had the SR because I’ve never gotten the guess o meter as low as you mentioned in range at 90% .
Sponsored