• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Another Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

1STEVUSN

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Well my 2022 Lariat ER Lightning has been at the dealership for over a week now. 785 Miles. Brought it in initially for the Heat not working. Not good in MIchigan winter... While in the service dept. at the dealership Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power popped up.

Hoping to get it resolved quickly. Last update was module malfunction. Heat issue was located and hopefully fixed. Pressure test resulted in the find of a leak in the coolant line that may have occurred during production.

Really want to Love this truck but early issues are quite frustrating...
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Well my 2022 Lariat ER Lightning has been at the dealership for over a week now. 785 Miles. Brought it in initially for the Heat not working. Not good in MIchigan winter... While in the service dept. at the dealership Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power popped up.

Hoping to get it resolved quickly. Last update was module malfunction. Heat issue was located and hopefully fixed. Pressure test resulted in the find of a leak in the coolant line that may have occurred during production.

Really want to Love this truck but early issues are quite frustrating...
Hi there, Alex! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and Lightning's VIN?

OP
OP

1STEVUSN

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
I did get Ford involved, they text me every few weeks saying that they followed up with the dealership. It is still in the shop, almost 2 months later.

Sponsored

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
https://www.michigan.gov/ag/consumer-protection/consumer-alerts/consumer-alerts/auto/lemon-law

Question: What if the problem I reported to the manufacturer or its authorized dealer continues to persist?

Answer:
You may be entitled to a refund of the purchase or lease price or a comparable replacement vehicle if the problem persists after a reasonable number of repair attempts.

Question: What is considered a reasonable number of repair attempts?

Answer:
It is presumed that a reasonable number of repair attempts have been taken if one of the following occurs:

(a) The same defect or condition continues to exist even though the vehicle has been subjected to repair a total of four or more times within two years of the date of the first attempt to repair the defect or condition; or

(b) The vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days or parts of days during the term of the manufacturer’s express warranty, or within one year from the date of delivery to the original consumer, whichever comes first. This option does not require the same problem to be the cause of the days out of service.

Ford DOES NOT want you to go through your States AG office for this, call them and demand a buyback or your you WILL be filing the paperwork with your AG

OP
OP

1STEVUSN

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Well definitely out of service for more than 30 days. Thanks for the info

jd350b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350 Lariat 6.7L, 2018 Ford Edge Platinum
Well definitely out of service for more than 30 days. Thanks for the info
Did your dealer give you a decent loaner while waiting?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
definitely out of service for more than 30 days.
How are you and your Lightning doing? I have a Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power spreadsheet here (modify the address -take out first http.- and paste into new window/tab of browser):
http.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xoQZ78uBmrzpOLMD7fHR6g4gS9KpNeKaAjGlQRDR0hU/edit#gid=907989306
Sponsored