• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Meaning you could plug the trailer into the plug in the bed and have it fully powered while you drive down the road. You could also have it plugged in while charging.
So you're saying you couldn't use the 30 amp plug for boondocking with your RV? Aren't you able to do this with the hybrid powerboost?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I'm probably missing something obvious, but what do you mean by "not just sitting still."
It’s his quote, not my words. However, I take it to mean you can plug into the 110v to run the trailer “not just sitting still”, but also when driving or charging

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
It’s his quote, not my words. However, I take it to mean you can plug into the 110v to run the trailer “not just sitting still”, but also when driving or charging
OK, my bad. Was reading this as "just not sitting still." *facepalm*

I'm very happy that this has been confirmed (albeit informally) by Ford.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
So you're saying you couldn't use the 30 amp plug for boondocking with your RV? Aren't you able to do this with the hybrid powerboost?
I don’t see why not. That’s my plan.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm not surprised because it has been proven that the Powerboost will output while driving. Although I don't see any reason to have a camper plugged in while driving.

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I'm not surprised because it has been proven that the Powerboost will output while driving. Although I don't see any reason to have a camper plugged in while driving.
Occasionally it would be good to run 110 to the trailer while driving. My big question was being able to run 110 to the trailer while charging. Many campgrounds only have a single outlet. Often it would be good to charge overnight while powering the trailer.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Occasionally it would be good to run 110 to the trailer while driving. My big question was being able to run 110 to the trailer while charging. Many campgrounds only have a single outlet. Often it would be good to charge overnight while powering the trailer.
I understand that.
One thing to note if you want to charge the truck from the campsite and then run the camper from the truck is that you are going to want to have a 50amp hookup. That is a 220v outlet where a 30amp RV connection is only 110 and will NOT charge the truck in a weekend even without anything using part of the battery power.

vegas2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Fit
I understand that. That is a 220v outlet where a 30amp RV connection is only 110 and will NOT charge the truck in a weekend even without anything using part of the battery power.
I don't know much about the camping hookups. However a 120v at 30 amps generates 3.6kw. that will fully charge the 125kwh battery from dead to 100% in 35h(of course it won't be dead but just for calculating sake. 28 hours if at 20%). If truck remains parked and plugged in it will easily fully charge in a weekend with no load with many hours to spare.
Sponsored