• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Luck Changing Dealer for this recent September Wave?

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Lightning Lariat ER
Unfortunately I just discovered this today myself. Reserved on the day of announcement, got my invite to order this week (9/7/22). Tried to change my dealer today to @Granger Ford by calling Ford (like the website currently says to do) and was told they cannot do it after the order invite is sent.

Frustrating because my dealer added $1k ADM and also bumped me out of my prioritized spot for the '22 which basically is costing me $10k due to the price hike and lack of tax credit eligibility.

Now debating whether to bite the bullet or try to negotiate with the dealer about the ADM bait and switch (they previously told me they were not doing ADM).

Anyone have any luck changing their dealer for this most recent wave?
Sponsored

Deeslight

First Name
dorai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt ev
Isnt the tax credit viable because you are ordering now? what am I missing.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I have not read about anyone having success changing dealers after receiving an invite for MY2023... Curious which dealer as I am also in MN.

Very happy that my original reservation (and now order) was with @Granger Ford as I didn't get a good feeling from any of dealers I spoke to in the Twin Cities.

I think he was not referring to losing the tax credit but that he missed out on MY22 pricing.

OP
OP

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have to do the '23 pricing which makes it inelligible for the tax credit due to the price. Plus I won't take delivery until next spring so the old tax credit wouldn't apply anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not read about anyone having success changing dealers after receiving an invite for MY2023... Curious which dealer as I am also in MN.

Very happy that my original reservation (and now order) was with @Granger Ford as I didn't get a good feeling from any of dealers I spoke to in the Twin Cities.

I think he was not referring to losing the tax credit but that he missed out on MY22 pricing.
I have an update on this. I called Ford again on Monday hoping to get a more helpful customer service agent. He called his supervisor who said she couldn't make any promises but took my info, the new dealership info, and my reservation number and said they will follow up later this week or early next week.

I've seen a couple people on the Reddit sub saying they were able to change their reservation dealership after they got an order invite on 9/7.

Fingers crossed!

P.S. Midway Ford is my current dealership.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Unfortunately I just discovered this today myself. Reserved on the day of announcement, got my invite to order this week (9/7/22). Tried to change my dealer today to @Granger Ford by calling Ford (like the website currently says to do) and was told they cannot do it after the order invite is sent.

Frustrating because my dealer added $1k ADM and also bumped me out of my prioritized spot for the '22 which basically is costing me $10k due to the price hike and lack of tax credit eligibility.

Now debating whether to bite the bullet or try to negotiate with the dealer about the ADM bait and switch (they previously told me they were not doing ADM).

Anyone have any luck changing their dealer for this most recent wave?
that is frustrating. It sounds like they must've made a revision.
Sponsored