• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors?

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Just ordered a ‘22 SCrew 4x4 PB Lariat 5.5’-box w/ Trailer Tow package & tow mirrors. Most threads on this forum regarding tow mirrors are very one-sided: You didn’t get them, wish you had, paying a lot of money now to add them.

I’m curious if there is anyone with the opposite point of view. Anyone purchase a ‘21 F-150 with Trailer Tow mirrors but, after driving the vehicle, regret getting them and wish they had the stock OEM side-mirrors instead?
Sponsored

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I regret them the first week I bought my truck and was the one feature I was if-y about… looks like dumbo on an F150 and I questioned the aerodynamic/MPG. After the awesome view, 22 MPG overall average and low blind spot, I don’t care anymore ??

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I regret them the first week I bought my truck and was the one feature I was if-y about… looks like dumbo on an F150 and I questioned the aerodynamic/MPG. After the awesome view, 22 MPG overall average and low blind spot, I don’t care anymore ??
just so I understand: you initially regretted getting them; but after driving with them for awhile, you no longer mind them? So, u initially regretted, but no longer regret getting them?

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
just so I understand: you initially regretted getting them; but after driving with them for awhile, you no longer mind them? So, u initially regretted, but no longer regret getting them?
That’s right, didn’t like them at first but now can’t recommend them enough… to be honest I thought that style mirrors were only for F-250 and above, but since I got such a great trade in and deal on my F-150 I took a chance.

Sponsored

dpatt711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I've had people tell me everything about the truck looks nice but the mirrors look out of place. The functionality just makes them so worthwhile though.

Copperhaun

First Name
Jered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 STX Screw 157” wb
Occupation
Peasant
I don’t tow super often, but I feel like the standard mirrors on the 14th gen just look way too small. I found my truck on accident speced the way I wanted it and can’t say enough good things about the tow mirrors.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I wish there was an in between size, the standard mirrors are preposterously small but the tow mirrors are a bit too big for my taste.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
I love mine and haven't towed yet. We have a 6k lb TT that we'll take out a half dozen or so times a year. But for everyday driving, I love not having blind spots. However, I have the standard box, 157" wb, so they look proportional like they belong to my eyes.

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? 1640341940201

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? 1640341982139

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? 1640342087990

Sponsored

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Love mine. Totally worth the upgrade cost. I can see just about everything and between them and the camera you can see just about anything happening around you. Totally recommend the powered heated tow mirrors.

the ONLY thing I dont like is the headlight dimming is only on the drivers side mirror and not the passenger mirror. I guess Ford couldnt spare the extra buck or two to cover that mirror as well.

oh and the mirrors make my truck look sweet as hell!

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I was a little surprised by the size when the dealer pulled my truck around but love them after driving and having the added visibility in traffic. I think the standard baby mirrors look stupid which is why I ordered the tow mirror option. Only thing I changed was removing the half chrome skull caps and putting the all black ones on instead.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Agate Black Platinum 4X4 Powerboost
Occupation
Very retired
If I was towing enough to need the big mirrors, I'd own an F250 which I've owned. After owning a number of Corvettes, I learned how to properly adjust mirrors. The standard mirrors are more than sufficient to see everything you need while driving.
Ford F-150 Lightning Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-original

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I wish there was an in between size, the standard mirrors are preposterously small but the tow mirrors are a bit too big for my taste.
the standard mirrors are just fine for me considering the pickups of yesteryear had ridiculously small mirrors that were essentially the same as a base Nova or Torino. The only issue I have with the standard F150 mirrors is lack of vision on a particular type of hiway on-ramp.
Traffic on a downhill hiway is next to invisible while trying to merge on an uphill ramp. That being said, the tow mirrors are probably a good idea for those that tow trailers that have a larger than 6’ wide load area.
Towing an 8’ box, the tow mirrors would be necessary.
Sponsored