• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
What I have a problem with...is I placed a reservation within a couple of hours on DAY 1...basically, have heard "nothing" from my dealer...I did inquire a few months ago, they said "Pro and XLT" are sold out...I may be able to get you a lariat at 67k...I said I would wait...then last night, I get an email, and within 12 hours of the email...No Pro or XLT and only Lariat or Platinum available...then If "I don't take one of them at almost 80-100k..." I "lose my reservation"???????? I mean, sounds like plain ole horse shit to me...
Wait, you sat on your order invite from the time the email was received and then complain 12 hours later that the XLT was sold out?

Even I knew XLT were in scarce supply when wave 2 last month had invited back all those extended reservation holders.

You can always get a base SR Lariat that is still under the $80K cap for 2023 IRA.

As a sidenote: I didn't hear from my dealer from the time I placed my reservation until almost a year later when Ford sent me an invite. Once I paid the $1500 deposit online, my dealer all of a sudden calls, texts, and emails me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
I'm still trying to get confirmation on whether my $500 order deposit is going to be refundable or not. Maybe it was stupid of me to assume it would be, since my dealership has made that clear over and over in the past. But a non-refundable order deposit is an absolute a-hole move when there is almost no real predictability on when the vehicle will be delivered.
My dealership told me in writing, TWICE, once last year and again this year for MY2023 that NO deposit would be required. Of course I get to the order checkout last night and there's a $500 deposit. They didn't answer the phone (because Ford decided to have these orders happen in the evening???) so I also assumed the deposit would be refundable, since they told me there wasn't one to begin with. They replied to my email an hour AFTER I booked an XLT (didn't want to miss out) and said deposit is non refundable, wtf. Went around in circles with the manager, as dishonest and childish as I've ever experienced. Called Ford today and they canceled the ordered, said I would be refunded the deposits. I'm done with Ford, what a turd show.

RangerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger
Seems this wave opened for many around 6p EST & the xlt was gone about 8a. Never saw any pros available. Curious if anyone ordered a pro this wave…

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My dealership told me in writing, TWICE, once last year and again this year for MY2023 that NO deposit would be required. Of course I get to the order checkout last night and there's a $500 deposit. They didn't answer the phone (because Ford decided to have these orders happen in the evening???) so I also assumed the deposit would be refundable, since they told me there wasn't one to begin with. They replied to my email an hour AFTER I booked an XLT (didn't want to miss out) and said deposit is non refundable, wtf. Went around in circles with the manager, as dishonest and childish as I've ever experienced. Called Ford today and they canceled the ordered, said I would be refunded the deposits. I'm done with Ford, what a turd show.
It very clearly says in the terms on the Reservation/Order FAQ's that the deposit is refundable via Ford until an order is placed. Once an order is placed the refund is up to the dealer's policy.

My dealer would refund my deposit, seems yours won't. I specifically requested the GM or GSM when I spoke to the dealership to make sure I was getting information that would be honored vs a sales rep that may or may not be there when I pick up my truck.

I can see your frustration as it appears you tried to do what you could to make an informed decision and had the rug pulled out from under you because a sales rep didn't give you accurate information. Unfortunately, and Ford again does clearly state this in multiple places including the FAQ, the entire process is really between you and the dealer...especially once you placed an order.

Here are some quotes from the FAQ for others that didn't read it:

" What is an Online Order?

By completing the Order Process (“Order Process”), you are not purchasing a vehicle (“Vehicle”); you are placing an order request with your selected Dealer. Your agreement to purchase the Vehicle will be with your Dealer and not with Ford and will be signed at the time of delivery of the vehicle (the “Purchase Agreement”)."

"The Dealer’s final selling price may be subject to change—that is between you and the Dealer and will be reflected in your Purchase Agreement. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fees, government fees and taxes, trade-in, finance charges, dealer processing charge, electronic filing charge, and emission testing charges. Optional equipment is also not included.

An order request sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request. Dealer acceptance of an order request (the “Order”) only confirms the vehicle configuration that will be built and delivered to your Dealer. Only order requests that are accepted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling."

"Am I ordering this vehicle directly from Ford?

Your selected Ford Dealer is placing the Order with Ford on your behalf. Your Purchase Agreement is between you and your Dealer. You do not have a contractual relationship directly with Ford."

"What happens to the Reservation Deposit?

You may request a full refund of your Reservation Deposit at any time prior to placing an order request. Once you have placed your order request and it is accepted by your Dealer, all deposits will be subject to the Dealer’s refund policy. Your Reservation Deposit may be applied by the Dealer towards the purchase price of your vehicle. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before placing your order request."

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Wait, you sat on your order invite from the time the email was received and then complain 12 hours later that the XLT was sold out?

Even I knew XLT were in scarce supply when wave 2 last month had invited back all those extended reservation holders.

You can always get a base SR Lariat that is still under the $80K cap for 2023 IRA.

As a sidenote: I didn't hear from my dealer from the time I placed my reservation until almost a year later when Ford sent me an invite. Once I paid the $1500 deposit online, my dealer all of a sudden calls, texts, and emails me.
Correct...I waited 12 hours...you should be able to wait 12 hours...hell, what about folks who didn't get online to check...? That's ridiculous...yes, I would have guessed that when they open up "orders"....you didn't have to shit yourself, not being able to use the restroom in fear of "losing" your order and immediately place your order. My reservation was for a "pro" like many others...so when the order opened and there was no pro available...I had to really think if I wanted to spend almost 70k on an XLT....when I placed my "reservation"...it was for a 40k truck....not a 70k truck. So, yes, "shame" me if you like, but that is the facts.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Correct...I waited 12 hours...you should be able to wait 12 hours...hell, what about folks who didn't get online to check...? That's ridiculous...yes, I would have guessed that when they open up "orders"....you didn't have to shit yourself, not being able to use the restroom in fear of "losing" your order and immediately place your order. My reservation was for a "pro" like many others...so when the order opened and there was no pro available...I had to really think if I wanted to spend almost 70k on an XLT....when I placed my "reservation"...it was for a 40k truck....not a 70k truck. So, yes, "shame" me if you like, but that is the facts.
Not trying to shame you at all (everyone has their own personal decisions that go into a large purchase like this), but if Ford only has X amount of XLT allotted to build for MY23...how are they supposed to save parts of that allotment for people who aren't ready to place their order when the invites go live? Once inventory is gone, it's gone.

They did disclose the pricing ahead of time, none of that was a surprise. They only unknown when orders opened yesterday was whether or not any Pro's would be available.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
It very clearly says in the terms on the Reservation/Order FAQ's that the deposit is refundable via Ford until an order is placed. Once an order is placed the refund is up to the dealer's policy.

My dealer would refund my deposit, seems yours won't. I specifically requested the GM or GSM when I spoke to the dealership to make sure I was getting information that would be honored vs a sales rep that may or may not be there when I pick up my truck.

I can see your frustration as it appears you tried to do what you could to make an informed decision and had the rug pulled out from under you because a sales rep didn't give you accurate information. Unfortunately, and Ford again does clearly state this in multiple places including the FAQ, the entire process is really between you and the dealer...especially once you placed an order.

Here are some quotes from the FAQ for others that didn't read it:

" What is an Online Order?

By completing the Order Process (“Order Process”), you are not purchasing a vehicle (“Vehicle”); you are placing an order request with your selected Dealer. Your agreement to purchase the Vehicle will be with your Dealer and not with Ford and will be signed at the time of delivery of the vehicle (the “Purchase Agreement”)."

"The Dealer’s final selling price may be subject to change—that is between you and the Dealer and will be reflected in your Purchase Agreement. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fees, government fees and taxes, trade-in, finance charges, dealer processing charge, electronic filing charge, and emission testing charges. Optional equipment is also not included.

An order request sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request. Dealer acceptance of an order request (the “Order”) only confirms the vehicle configuration that will be built and delivered to your Dealer. Only order requests that are accepted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling."

"Am I ordering this vehicle directly from Ford?

Your selected Ford Dealer is placing the Order with Ford on your behalf. Your Purchase Agreement is between you and your Dealer. You do not have a contractual relationship directly with Ford."

"What happens to the Reservation Deposit?

You may request a full refund of your Reservation Deposit at any time prior to placing an order request. Once you have placed your order request and it is accepted by your Dealer, all deposits will be subject to the Dealer’s refund policy. Your Reservation Deposit may be applied by the Dealer towards the purchase price of your vehicle. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before placing your order request."

10 points for your fine print skills, you should be extremely proud. Did you know fanatical brand loyalty is just another manifestation of tribalism from our crocodile brains?

Anyways, that does me no good. Ford says I can't switch dealers now that I placed the order. Ford is escalating and said they'll look to see if they can let me switch and keep my place but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm so turned off that I'm just going to cancel though, I was already uneasy about paying 63k for a 40k truck.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
Same, that's ridiculous to say you waited 12hrs it's your fault. i thought I'd have a few days.. if they have space to make a lariat, they have space to make an xlt but are choosing not to. I waited because the deposit question wasn't left ambiguous like everything else.. not to mention the text i got looked like spam!!

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got my order (Lariat ER) in yesterday and dealer accepted this morning. They said they had 25 customers invited to convert yesterday. I was #7 of 451, and they got 5 MY22, with one Pro deferral that got to submit order a couple weeks ago for MY23.

Anyone have a guess on when we'll see 10/10/22 production scheduling? Seems like those production threads people find out a week or two before?

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Ford is really trolling me today after no Pro’s available nor XLT as of this morning…. they should really give wave 3 folks the ability to extend to MY 24 for the Pro and XLT. Especially when they admittedly had a glitch.

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ? AABC9352-D9E7-41E9-B7EA-1F855071DB3E

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
Ford is really trolling me today after no Pro’s available nor XLT as of this morning…. they should really give wave 3 folks the ability to extend to MY 24 for the Pro and XLT. Especially when they admittedly had a glitch.

AABC9352-D9E7-41E9-B7EA-1F855071DB3E.png
Wait, so are Pro and XLT models unlocked and available for online order again? That would be supremely backasswards on multiple levels.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Wait, so are Pro and XLT models unlocked and available for online order again? That would be supremely backasswards on multiple levels.
Not on my order page…. I was hoping though…

Droy21

First Name
Darrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
How did you do that??
I got the order invite last night but could not order the pro so I waited to morning to order the XLT but that was gone now too. So I called the dealer this morning and he told me that the order banks were not open so I was frustrated with so I hung up. And little later he called me and said I can place my order and than I got a text from Ford saying they fixed the big that was causing you to not order the pro or xlt
Sponsored