• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I stand corrected, thanks for the screenshot! I'm still skeptical as others have verified there order page doesn't show Pro/XLT available.
That’s correct both are still showing not available. The new text didn’t change that.
Sponsored

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD SB, 2018 Zero FXS, 2014 Zero S
Occupation
Taxi Driver
I had a day one reservation, within the first few hours. Never heard anything from Ford. Contacted
dealership multiple times, no help. No extension, no price protection, nada. Last week I looked at
my reservation and my PRO had been changed to an XLT. Still showing the 2022 price. Yesterday, I
got the text, followed by the email. I went online after the text, built the PRO but unable to order.
When I got the email, I went again, still no PRO. I was able to build AND ORDER the XLT NOW with the
2023 pricing. This morning, I got another " updated " email saying that my order had been
accepted by the dealer. Drove over to dealer, spoke with a sales person that I had been dealing
with. He spoke with his manager and they still didn't have a clue

RVALightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I update Post one to include reminders for all new order makers willing to share their build data in the forums official tracker, please note "My version" will only cover model year 2022 production.
I'd gladly taken over the duty of updating with MY 2023 if you can give me a quick overview of how you update and access to the google spreadsheet. Also happy to do a little data cleaning either way

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I had a day one reservation, within the first few hours. Never heard anything from Ford. Contacted
dealership multiple times, no help. No extension, no price protection, nada. Last week I looked at
my reservation and my PRO had been changed to an XLT. Still showing the 2022 price. Yesterday, I
got the text, followed by the email. I went online after the text, built the PRO but unable to order.
When I got the email, I went again, still no PRO. I was able to build AND ORDER the XLT NOW with the
2023 pricing. This morning, I got another " updated " email saying that my order had been
accepted by the dealer. Drove over to dealer, spoke with a sales person that I had been dealing
with. He spoke with his manager and they still didn't have a clue
MY23 Pro was only available to Wave 1 of MY23 invites, which were people from the MY22 invite waves that chose to extend their reservation specifically for a Pro. That extension option no longer exists.

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I wonder why Ford didn’t just let people wait in line for a PRO. It could have been as simple as “based on your place in line we expect it to be available to order no earlier than fall 2024.” No price protection, no order extension, just a place on the waiting list in order of reservation timestamp. And still give people the option of ordering a higher trim to get it sooner, or canceling. That would make a lot more people happy.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I wonder why Ford didn’t just let people wait in line for a PRO. It could have been as simple as “based on your place in line we expect it to be available to order no earlier than fall 2024.” No price protection, no order extension, just a place on the waiting list in order of reservation timestamp. And still give people the option of ordering a higher trim to get it sooner, or canceling. That would make a lot more people happy.
I agree, even if they raised the price to $50k, some people would still have taken a MY24 over an XLT.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This makes a lot of sense.

Let us know if Ford cancels your reservation and refunds you the $100 ?

Or if they hang onto your unfilled order ?

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning ER
I ordered an XLT SR with Tow Tech Package in the first hour of the "3rd wave" opening just yesterday.

In talking to my dealer about removing the scale & smart hitch option to get $650 back, they looked into it and told me actually that leaving the scale & smart hitch would leave the build in an unscheduled state because of a constraint on those parts.

So, removing the scale & smart hitch option apparently will get your truck built faster? For a cheaper price? It took me a second to fully understand that, but that's what my dealership said. Did anyone else hear this from their dealer?

Edit:

On page 6 or 7:

I thought @SmokingtheMeats meant that you would have to remove the removal of the scale, but I think what they actually meant is that the truck won't schedule until the scale & smart hitch option is removed!

Can anyone confirm?
When I placed my order for Lightning pro 9/13 the dealer called me and told me they can’t proceed without me removing that scale and smart hitch option. Maybe they lied? Idk but don’t matter I approved to get this moving along. I purchased a Mach e from them and they’re good on their words so I think I’m ok with this as well to get it for MSRP without any BS.

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Well I ordered, but yeah, that is food for thought. What if you did nothing…🤔
This makes a lot of sense.

Let us know if Ford cancels your reservation and refunds you the $100 ?

Or if they hang onto your unfilled order ?

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Seems this wave opened for many around 6p EST & the xlt was gone about 8a. Never saw any pros available. Curious if anyone ordered a pro this wave…
Curious to know, out of the 80K Lightnings that will be produced for the 23MY how many are going to be non-fleet Pros and XLT? Since the Pro was sold out in Wave #1 I can't imagine that they are producing any more than 3K to 5K Pros total for the 23MY. XLT sold out at the beginning of Wave #3, so maybe 7K XLTs? So you are looking at about 10K production total for the Pro and XLT out of 80K for MY23. That is less than 13% of the "affordable" trims. Wake up and smell to coffee people. This is nothing more than the classic "bait and switch". Promote the hell out of an affordable EV truck starting at $40K, get the press and the President to market it for you. Then only produce a very small amount and force buyer to pay for the high trim levels!

Sponsored

Gregg1234

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Flex
Reservation made 5/20/21
Received the "Ready to Order"email and text message 9/7/22
9/8 - I was only able to order the Lariat and Platinum.
9/8 - Ford and dealer both Informed me Pro trim was sold out.
How can something that hasn't been build yet be "Sold Out"?
9/8- I filed a complaint with Illinois AG.

Should I order a fully loaded Platinum for fun and not take delivery if the resale market softens?

Last edited:

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Reservation made 5/20/21

Should I order a fully loaded Platinum for fun and not take delivery if the resale market softens?
Hey good thing Ford sent out a survey on 9/2 to see what trim everyone wants to order so something like this, um, never happens again! Even better that they apparently already knew the results enough by 9/8 to decide what’s sold out—-even though they gave everyone to the 26th to answer. I tell you what, I’m shocked, shocked to see that so many people lied on the survey and said they wanted a Lariat, misleading Ford into buying only parts for that trim. /s

Gregg1234

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Flex
Reservation made 5/20/21

9/9 - talked to the Ford support center. They told me my reservation will be cancelled after 9/30 if I don’t place an order for the Lariat or Platinum.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
It is supply and demand of course. Eventually the supply will catch up and it will be a different story, but that's probably gonna be second half of 2025 once everybody and their brother have ramped up their new ev factory and battery plant. The end of 2025 could see a combination of economy of scale and a bubble popping bringing prices down along with features up.

The 2023 lightning is the stripper your family and friends tell you not to marry. It's gonna lure you in with it's curves and promise of performance but It's not going age well and is gonna set you back badly financially.

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey good thing Ford sent out a survey on 9/2 to see what trim everyone wants to order so something like this, um, never happens again! Even better that they apparently already knew the results enough by 9/8 to decide what’s sold out—-even though they gave everyone to the 26th to answer. I tell you what, I’m shocked, shocked to see that so many people lied on the survey and said they wanted a Lariat, misleading Ford into buying only parts for that trim. /s
People did not lie or mislead Ford on the survey. If you picked the Pro in the survey, the response you got from Ford was to pick another trim because that one was already sold out. Pick another trim or cancel your order. They will not differ your reservation for MY24. There has definitely been a lot of misleading going on since the Lightning was introduced and its all been done by Ford and their dealers!
Sponsored