• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
It sounds like either a click as the brakes release or a click from a halfshaft. This is with wheels straight ahead, drivers window down, quiet street, and it will do an audible "click" as you start off slowly, and then when you stop and reverse slowly, it does it going backwards as well. I'm not too worried about it but I wanted to know if anybody else hears that as well.

Oh, and the UFO sound and reverse chime are really hardly noticeable on my truck, they were louder on the Powerboost I traded in than the Lightning.

Mike
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's exactly what it sounds like. (y)

And this is on a truck with 100 miles on it. Delivered today.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Do you have autohold turned on?

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I'd try turning off auto hold in an attempt to eliminate the brakes. Could be a crummy pin or pad shifting in the caliper as well.

If the sound is easily reproduced, Ford should be on the hook to take care of it unless they just don't care. Given that regreasing the axles would take them all of 20 minutes, I think they'd be willing to give that a shot and to inspect your brakes while they have the wheel off.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd try turning off auto hold in an attempt to eliminate the brakes. Could be a crummy pin or pad shifting in the caliper as well.

If the sound is easily reproduced, Ford should be on the hook to take care of it unless they just don't care. Given that regreasing the axles would take them all of 20 minutes, I think they'd be willing to give that a shot and to inspect your brakes while they have the wheel off.
I'll give that a shot after it stops raining.

Mike

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. I like that actually. Very useful.
Could have provided that info in first post... I have a Mach-E, use autohold, I doesn't make click, even when brakes are wet.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could have provided that info in first post... I have a Mach-E, use autohold, I doesn't make click, even when brakes are wet.
Yeah, sorry about that. I was just making the comparison. Auto-hold is turned on in both vehicles. the Mach-E doesn't click (that I'm aware) but the truck does.

I will turn off Auto-hold on the truck and see if the click goes away. If so then I guess the answer is that it's the brakes using Auto-hold.

Mike

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, sorry about that. I was just making the comparison. Auto-hold is turned on in both vehicles. the Mach-E doesn't click (that I'm aware) but the truck does.

I will turn off Auto-hold on the truck and see if the click goes away. If so then I guess the answer is that it's the brakes using Auto-hold.

Mike
So rain quit and I re-tested with Auto-hold off. The click is not as nearly pronounced as it was and I now only hear a very faint possible click from the driver's side rear as I pull forward.

So I'm thinking Auto-hold had a lot to do with what I was hearing.

Other notes:

I connected up the laptop today (FDRS) and reset all CMDTCs (minor stuff and none of it was persistent) so there are no SW Updates as of now for those who are wondering. All green across the board now.

I did notice my truck has the Alexa icon on the top row of the center display now. I don't think I'll be pressing that button any time soon.

Mike

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
Because it is electric it is designed to make noise when it starts to move.

Just maybe?…..
Sponsored