• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Just checking in here, mine also makes the click/tick sound. Sounds like it’s coming from the front and rear.
another drive today and mine is front and rear too. sometimes it's one or the other sometimes both,
Sponsored

RI fisherman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lighting on order
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
I have also experiencend this noise since day 1 on intial take off forward and reverse. My dealer is tasca ford in Rhode island. VIN is 1FTVW1EV8NWG04043

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have also experiencend this noise since day 1 on intial take off forward and reverse. My dealer is tasca ford in Rhode island. VIN is 1FTVW1EV8NWG04043
Don't hold your breath thinking the account here will resolve anything. You'll get asked your info and then silence.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone been into the dealer for this? Seems pretty common. Maybe lube the mount or tighten something?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Anyone been into the dealer for this? Seems pretty common. Maybe lube the mount or tighten something?
There was a poster who had been to the dealer. It was determined that it was coming from the rear on his truck. And after some discussion and thoughtful deliberations and some more discussion with the service people he took his truck and left.

I have an open case for this. I have talked to my dealer's service folks who are waiting for Ford to make the next move. Nobody seems to know what comes next.

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
+1 on the Clicking. Seems to be happening more and more. Definitely happens more with 1PD and Auto Hold, but present for me in all drive modes.

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
The list is getting longer. My Pro has this “feature” as well. I thought it was the electricity blowoff valve. 🤣

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
My truck is at the dealer right now to get looked at. The service guy said he thinks they saw this once before and it was an easy fix. We’ll see what happens later today!

@Ford Motor Company I received an email from someone at the Ford CX Concern Team introducing themselves but then they went radio silent. I’ve emailed them a few times and never heard back. They asked me if I had an appointment scheduled or if they could make one for me. I never heard back so I made one myself.

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Just got the call. They said the click is coming from the front CV axle and it needs to be replaced! All of the parts should be in and installed by EOD on Monday. They advised that the truck should not be driven with this needing to be replaced.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Just got the call. They said the click is coming from the front CV axle and it needs to be replaced! All of the parts should be in and installed by EOD on Monday. They advised that the truck should not be driven with this needing to be replaced.
So...since you're the first person who's truck is actually getting something replaced.....is there a SSM or TSB on the street yet about this? I'm assuming they used something to justify the replacement of the part. My dealer's senior tech hasn't seen anything yet. I have an open case, but neither I nor the service department have had any further contact from Ford on how to proceed. My tech says he thought they might ask for the chassis ears to gather some data but nothing's happened.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
So...since you're the first person who's truck is actually getting something replaced.....is there a SSM or TSB on the street yet about this? I'm assuming they used something to justify the replacement of the part. My dealer's senior tech hasn't seen anything yet. I have an open case, but neither I nor the service department have had any further contact from Ford on how to proceed. My tech says he thought they might ask for the chassis ears to gather some data but nothing's happened.
There is no TSB. Yet

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
A follow up from my dealership, after my visit and the senior tech and service manager both agreeing that the noise was coming from the rear end. We all agreed that it sounded like loose axle nuts. Dealership checked and double checked all nuts and torque specs in the entire rear end. Noise still present.

A couple of weeks later they informed that Ford has been notified. And a ticket has been opened for this issue. They will contact me if anything further develops.

over the past 6 weeks, noise is still there. Not worse, not better. I suspect that Ford is currently getting lots of these tickets and are trying to determine if it is normal, and if it is dangerous to warrant a TSB or recall. I personally feel fine driving it. Like I said it’s not getting worse.
Sponsored