• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody MISSING stuff from your build?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I know there has been some cargo net discussion and such. My window sticker has Tailgate Assist listed and it does not appear to be on my truck. Any other XLT SR folks seeing this? If Ford deleted an option, it would not be on the window sticker right?

emailed dealer…..radio silence
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I know there has been some cargo net discussion and such. My window sticker has Tailgate Assist listed and it does not appear to be on my truck. Any other XLT SR folks seeing this? If Ford deleted an option, it would not be on the window sticker right?

emailed dealer…..radio silence
If Ford deletes items from your order, then they show as deletes with credits. Heated steering wheel, scale, etc.

If they removed items in 2023, that were included in 2022, then it would not be on your sticker.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
My window sticker has Tailgate Assist listed and it does not appear to be on my truck.
How does the tailgate behave? I thought Tailgate Assist was basically just a gas cylinder damper to keep it from free-falling when opened.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
How does the tailgate behave? I thought Tailgate Assist was basically just a gas cylinder damper to keep it from free-falling when opened.
Tailgate assist is supposed to be a torsion rod to make it easier to close. If your tailgate doesn't have the step, I can guarantee you don't have it.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
From what I am told it’s torsion bars that help “lift” the tailgate by making it lighter. I’ve also been told that it cannot be added to tailgates without the step, so it won’t have it regardless. Prob a mistake in the window sticker. I don’t have it and I’ll gladly take the lowering damper in place of it.

@Pod if I start a list will you add your vin to it? Maybe we can petition ford to send us the gas cylinder to make up for it. Not trying to be a complainer here. Just want some accountability. Trying to get my dealer to submit a mis built

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grrrrr….that is sure irritating.

you bet @EdwinT I’ll put my vin in. This stinks

think the Ford Coroprate folks might see this thread and help?

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Missing the key cylinder on the spare tire lock.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I wasn't sure what it was when I saw it on my window sticker and wasnt expecting it either. so I'm not concerned if its not really there. I don't notice it any easier to close. I had my first pickup 41 years ago and "we closed it like a man" ;) or in Blazing Saddles form "we don't need no stinkin' assist"

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
My XLT has it listed on the build sheet and the sticker. It does not have the step tailgate, but does have the feature. Contrary to what I thought when I ordered(and seems to be common) the assist does not slow the tailgate down when you open it. It does make it slightly lighter when you lift it though. I thought it was missing from mine until I did the research on what it actually is. I ended up buying the OEM tailgate dampener that makes it fall slowly and installed that.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My XLT has it listed on the build sheet and the sticker. It does not have the step tailgate, but does have the feature. Contrary to what I thought when I ordered(and seems to be common) the assist does not slow the tailgate down when you open it. It does make it slightly lighter when you lift it though. I thought it was missing from mine until I did the research on what it actually is. I ended up buying the OEM tailgate dampener that makes it fall slowly and installed that.
You have a torsion bar on a non-step tailgate? Can you take a picture of that? I'd love to see it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I smell a rat Ford….where are our locks and tailgate assists. ( and heated steering wheel and scales and security package…🤠 )

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Mine is a '22 XLT with the 312A package and my tailgate has the step, plus it opens and closes hands free. It's listed on the tailgate as Power Tailgate.

That said, there was a lot of talk in the early days that the website showed a bunch of conflicting information. For example, it showed the rear sliding window in the photos when you selected the 312A package and listed rear "Signature Lighting" on the order details, yet neither of them are actually included for any XLT regardless of the option package.

4BLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT-SR Max Tow Azure Gray Metallic
@pi
You have a torsion bar on a non-step tailgate? Can you take a picture of that? I'd love to see it.
I do not have the built in step. I had it listed on my build and it seems like the tailgate is lighter then normal. Here is a few pictures of my hinges
Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody MISSING stuff from your build? 14180059-1675-4531-9DF3-BEDFB6834B33

Ford F-150 Lightning Anybody MISSING stuff from your build? 2AF85336-22A7-4DD7-8551-F10B63B65FA9

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
From what I am told it’s torsion bars that help “lift” the tailgate by making it lighter. I’ve also been told that it cannot be added to tailgates without the step, so it won’t have it regardless. Prob a mistake in the window sticker. I don’t have it and I’ll gladly take the lowering damper in place of it.

@Pod if I start a list will you add your vin to it? Maybe we can petition ford to send us the gas cylinder to make up for it. Not trying to be a complainer here. Just want some accountability. Trying to get my dealer to submit a mis built
You're correct. "Tailgate Assist" is the damper inside the tailgate. It should also "pop" open with the push of the tailgate button. It does not have the raise function like the upper trim levels.

All trim levels have the "Tailgate Assist"

One other way to know if you have the raise function is if you look at the window sticker under "Exterior" it will state Power Up/Down tailgate.

OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well if that is the case, “Tailgate Assist” is maybe the worst option ever. I’m still torqued I did not get the cool tailgate overlay with the ruler and stuff on a 60k truck. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Lightning but disappearing options and price changes sour the milk just a bit.
Sponsored