• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone able to identify these clicking sounds?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Taken from out my window. When starting and stop, there are a variety of sounds that sound like big relays, but it could be something else. It doesn't sound like hub/CV related noise, but not sure.

In this video you can hear 3 or 4 clicks during a gentle start. This seems to have started after not driving the truck for 5 days. I don't remember hearing constant clicking before this.

I know, i know, not another clicking noise thread....but with a recording maybe these are identifiable.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Most of them clicks multiple times, mine does too and there's a video in that thread where it sounds pretty much identical to yours.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ither-in-forward-or-reverse.10636/post-245591
Hmmm I think you're right. How stupid that Ford can't build a CV/hub interface that doesn't click after only a hundred and twenty years of making cars. Now I get to have the anti-ting TSB applied.

My truck was built in the first '23 batch in Oct and the TSB came out in November. Apparently, they couldn't figure out how to build the first '23s correctly.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Sponsored