• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone been contacted for SunRun Installation ?

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Has anyone been contacted by SunRun at this point? With a build date just 2 months away, a delivery probably 3 months away (and less for some), I am getting concerned that I have not heard a peep from them with regards to the Home Integration System Pricing and availability. Many of us are not in the 22 states that SunRun operates in and will have to start contacting electricians to schedule work. Some of those installs will require some lead time as well (adding solar, part availability, etc). About at that point to call the electrician or solar company to start building this system though so details from them would help...

I think my conversation with the electrician wuold be something like:
Me: "Hey how much will it be to do an install for my new Lightning in a few months with a 100 amp circuit add to a plug to the existing panel and the Home Integration System thats being sold by SunRun?
Electrician: "Well, how much is the Home Integration System?"
Me: "No Idea"
Electrician: "No idea then"

Details on
SunRun site still just has the "pricing to be released at a later date"
Sponsored

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was just assuming that we would start to be getting contacted based upon the dealership materials that were distributed in January:
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone been contacted for SunRun Installation ? 1646429421673

KniceHit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L
I was just assuming that we would start to be getting contacted based upon the dealership materials that were distributed in January:
1646429421673.png
The timelines in this are crazy. There is no way they are shipping these chargers holding only our initial deposits.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Still waiting. Permits in our area tend to take time and the clock is ticking. Hard to imagine SunRun being able to simultaneously install chargers and home integration system at the same rate of the Lightning production.

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I was hoping for a Sunrun evaluation and cost estimate but I haven’t heard back from them yet. I’ve contacted a local electrician to give me an estimate. I’ve sent him the spec sheet than Ford put out and was given on this forum (thanks).

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I got an email from Ford about charging options with a link to sunrun that asks for my order number zipcode and last name... It does not wok though at this point as it says if it is not within 8 weeks of production it would not... That would theoretically be next Monday for me. Anyone else have any luck with this process (maybe someone with a April production date)? I have a solar rep coming over tomorrow so it would be good to maybe understand some more details at this point regarding the HIS

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So I got an email from Ford about charging options with a link to sunrun that asks for my order number zipcode and last name... It does not wok though at this point as it says if it is not within 8 weeks of production it would not... That would theoretically be next Monday for me. Anyone else have any luck with this process (maybe someone with a April production date)? I have a solar rep coming over tomorrow so it would be good to maybe understand some more details at this point regarding the HIS
I got the same email even though I was never invited to order my Lightning. Probably went to everyone with a reservation.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the same email even though I was never invited to order my Lightning. Probably went to everyone with a reservation.
I get that and I feel for all those that have been unable to order at this point. That sucks...

On a bright note, we will be your guinea pigs for sure though for the Home Integration System (HIS) and that aspect. I and a few others here are a little skeptical on the timelines but the links to Sunrun and their validation of our order number name, etc... is something new. It wasn't there before today so hopefully it will start to clear up some details for us guinea pigs.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I got that same email, and in the fine print it said something about some features not being available if you currently own non-Sunrun solar and install the pro 80 amp charger. Anyone know what that might be? I think that they already said that charging from solar while using the truck as a backup was not technically possible yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: I was able to get into but since SunRun is not operating in my state, I was able get to the order screen for the Home Integration System. After trying to "become a dealer" and running into issues, I called the help number for the site and they guided me through ordering the HIS. Tip... Once at the AEE Express site, do a search for the "Home Integration System" in the search bar and then click into the page that way and you will be able to "login" and create a profile as a normal customer and not a dealer and add the part to your cart and order it that way. It says it will be here in 5 days... Not sure that is true but will report back when it gets here. Not sure how many others have gone through this process but thought it may help those that are interested in doing so. I am imagining that getting this part once trucks are shipping will be hard to come by so I did not want to wait for the electrician to be able to submit the order that way...

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Update: I was able to get into but since SunRun is not operating in my state, I was able get to the order screen for the Home Integration System. After trying to "become a dealer" and running into issues, I called the help number for the site and they guided me through ordering the HIS. Tip... Once at the AEE Express site, do a search for the "Home Integration System" in the search bar and then click into the page that way and you will be able to "login" and create a profile as a normal customer and not a dealer and add the part to your cart and order it that way. It says it will be here in 5 days... Not sure that is true but will report back when it gets here. Not sure how many others have gone through this process but thought it may help those that are interested in doing so. I am imagining that getting this part once trucks are shipping will be hard to come by so I did not want to wait for the electrician to be able to submit the order that way...
If I am just doing the charger that comes with the truck, my understanding is correct that I do not need the Home Integration System, right?

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
How much was the part?

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If I am just doing the charger that comes with the truck, my understanding is correct that I do not need the Home Integration System, right?
Yes, if you do not care about home power backup, then the charger will work so long as you install it properly ;)
Sponsored