• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Is it just me or do the leather seats in the Lariat show wear almost immediately? Specifically, the bottom seat cover shows significant wrinkling with very little seat time.

I've seen many photos of Lariats and they all seem to have noticeable leather wrinkling even with just hundreds of miles of use.

Here's an example picture of Lariat with 1800 miles (from car-n-bids).

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? wrinkles
Sponsored

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I am seeing the same on my truck. My seat’s wrinkles appear to be in the same spots as the OP’s.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My Lightning seats looked perfect when I picked it up. My 2021 Lariat Sport seats looked perfect when I traded it in with 24k miles on it.

I'm hoping for the best.

Watt2Go

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX30, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT
Seeing on mine as well.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else notice the leather seats in Lariat trim wear poorly? PXL_20220924_161315668

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah I see those initial wrinkles even in trucks with 100 miles. How can Ford not make a decent leather seat after all these years for a $85k truck?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
1200 miles on mine so far and definitely seeing the same thing. I was pretty surprised when it started.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I believe this is because of the seat cooling. There are 2 layers to create an air chamber that pushed the cool air through. You can feel and move it around. It's a bit loose I guess for more cool air. I wouldn't say it is wearing down.

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Lot's of other cars have ventilated seats that don't look this way. My Mom has a Lexus with 8000 miles, ventilated leather seats, and they look brand new.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Mine is already starting to show this in my second day of ownership. Not too bad yet but definitely keeping an eye on it and will report to my dealer if it get bad. I think mass complaints are our best option.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
So the Lightning is my first Ford and I’m a bit confused by my local dealer response to my inquiry about the seats. They said the saggy, wrinkled seats are “character “ and will not be covered by the warranty. I mentioned that I never saw that kind of character in any Ford promotional images. I bought the Lightning in MD (a zero emissions state), but I live in PA. I assumed Ford’s warranty support would be the same at any dealer, but my local dealer has told me I should take it to the dealer I bought the vehicle from for better warranty response with regard to seats. Does that seem right to anyone more familiar with Ford?

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
So the Lightning is my first Ford and I’m a bit confused by my local dealer response to my inquiry about the seats. They said the saggy, wrinkled seats are “character “ and will not be covered by the warranty. I mentioned that I never saw that kind of character in any Ford promotional images. I bought the Lightning in MD (a zero emissions state), but I live in PA. I assumed Ford’s warranty support would be the same at any dealer, but my local dealer has told me I should take it to the dealer I bought the vehicle from for better warranty response with regard to seats. Does that seem right to anyone more familiar with Ford?
That is your Pa dealer's way of telling you he did not like you going south of the border to get your truck.
They have to do the warranty work, but you may not get the same treatment that customers who buy from them do.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Barely 500 miles on mine and the seats are showing wear in the same spots as mentioned above.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Mine looked similarly bad since day one. I’ve never had a leather car seat look that bad when new.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
That is your Pa dealer's way of telling you he did not like you going south of the border to get your truck.
They have to do the warranty work, but you may not get the same treatment that customers who buy from them do.
I could understand that if it wasn’t that they weren’t even an EV certified dealer when I ordered my Ford. There was no way for me to order the vehicle from them, and besides the original Pennsylvania dealer from whom I did have my reservation with only received one lightning and I was number four on the list. So, without going south of the border I would still be waiting for a 2023 Ford. I really wanted to give the business to a Pennsylvania dealer, but there was no way for that to happen. However, it seems that any Ford dealer should take care of any Ford no matter where you are in the country no matter where you bought it. I will call my dealer from Maryland and see if they can help with the seats, and for local service, I will find a different Ford dealer.