• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet?

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
The entire truck beeps too much. Frunk, tailgate, backing up, and every time you turn it on. EVs are supposed to be quiet!
The tailgate doesn't beep on the Pro or base XLT that's a perk if you ask me. I'm tearing the Front apart to find the damn speaker for the opening/closing sound. I already have a print file for the under 25 mpg driving noise speaker to reduce but not eliminate the noise.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
The tailgate doesn't beep on the Pro or base XLT that's a perk if you ask me. I'm tearing the Front apart to find the damn speaker for the opening/closing sound. I already have a print file for the under 25 mpg driving noise speaker to reduce but not eliminate the noise.
I disabled it with this on My PowerBoost. I imagine it’s similar for the Lightning.

edit the site says it’s compatible. It was a 5 minute install for me and is so nice not to hear the fake noise and obnoxious backup sounds.

https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I disabled it with this on My PowerBoost. I imagine it’s similar for the Lightning.

edit the site says it’s compatible. It was a 5 minute install for me and is so nice not to hear the fake noise and obnoxious backup sounds.

https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece
Keep in mind that this is likely illegal to use on a road going vehicle (may vary by state, I am not sure). Even the website says it is for off road use only,

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Keep in mind that this is likely illegal to use on a road going vehicle (may vary by state, I am not sure). Even the website says it is for off road use only,
Yet they don't exactly market it that way:
" This is not favorable to those who live in quiet neighborhoods and depart in the early hours or come home late at night.."

Are the beeps really that loud? Has anyone done a dB test?

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Sure ;)

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I get it, not overly worried. Powerboost forums are littered with posts of folks using this great product.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I get it, not overly worried. Powerboost forums are littered with posts of folks using this great product.
The legality (or lack thereof) will never be questioned as long as you don’t run over somebody. The odds are on your side. 😄

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Had anyone tried disconnecting the speaker shown in the install video to verify it is also the Frunk speaker?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The legality (or lack thereof) will never be questioned as long as you don’t run over somebody. The odds are on your side. 😄
…or, go with the more expensive FoB version so you can switch it off on demand……..

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The odds are on your side.
I've noticed that the odds aren't nearly as stacked in my favor as when I'm driving my 23 year-old Nissan. People don't hear the Lightning. I've seen some shocked looks when they realize how oblivious they were being so close to something so big.

The frunk sound is really annoying. The forward pedestrian sound not so noticeable.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
If someone finds the frunk speaker let me know, i’ll be out in the driveway with wirecutters in about 7 seconds.
Sponsored