• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone reserving: GMC Sierra EV Denali today 10.20.22 @ 5PM ET ??

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I will be reserving one. ..just in case.

I can always cancel without penalty later. Its best to have all options open, just in case. (I also have a first minute Silverado EV reservation)

My hope is that the GMC will be more traditionally styled instead of a modern day Chevy Avalanche...

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
I am, just in case. I am a Ford fan, but will buy whatever I like the best, could be a good vehicle, never know. That is as long as it doesn’t look like the Chevy version, not a fan of that one at all.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I will be reserving one. ..just in case.

I can always cancel without penalty later. Its best to have all options open, just in case. (I also have a first minute Silverado EV reservation)

My hope is that the GMC will be more traditionally styled instead of a modern day Chevy Avalanche...
Yes, I was thinking the same as you!

I do have a Silverado EV WT reserved the first minute but it's nice to have options so I will also put in a reservation for the Denali EV.

I figure one of my friends or family might want one they can buy whatever I don't want to buy....

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I am, just in case. I am a Ford fan, but will buy whatever I like the best, could be a good vehicle, never know. That is as long as it doesn’t look like the Chevy version, not a fan of that one at all.
The Chevy Silverado EV looks like an Avalanche so that's weird looking IMO.

I wanted the base EV ($40K) that Chevy was advertising but with recent materials cost increases as the Lightnings have shown in 1 year, I may never get one for $40K.

At this rate, the Silverado would be over $50K by the time they produce them....

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The Chevy Silverado EV looks like an Avalanche so that's weird looking IMO.

I wanted the base EV ($40K) that Chevy was advertising but with recent materials cost increases as the Lightnings have shown in 1 year, I may never get one for $40K.

At this rate, the Silverado would be over $50K by the time they produce them....
By the time the Chevy/GMC come to market I'll have 18 months or more to decide if the f150 Lightning's range and DCFC is good enough for me.

*IF* the Silverado/GMC can come in around $80k with 300KW charging//400mi range it would be hard to pass up an opportunity to trade up. I do think prices for used Lightnings will be elevated, but not crazy(above MSRP) as they are now.

If the price for a silverado EV(or GMC) is close to the Lightning in price, offers more range and you can get a tax credit($7500) thats a pretty sweet deal.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
By the time the Chevy/GMC come to market I'll have 18 months or more to decide if the f150 Lightning's range and DCFC is good enough for me.

*IF* the Silverado/GMC can come in around $80k with 300KW charging//400mi range it would be hard to pass up an opportunity to trade up. I do think prices for used Lightnings will be elevated, but not crazy(above MSRP) as they are now.

If the price for a silverado EV(or GMC) is close to the Lightning in price, offers more range and you can get a tax credit($7500) thats a pretty sweet deal.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Should have my Lightning late next month. As you state, IF it is as they are claiming, it might be a winner. I have always like the Denali look over the Silverado, and almost purchased a 3500 a few years ago, but went with the SuperDuty, due to the interior.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was also looking at Reserving.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Curious about the price, Silverado 1st edition was 100K+, they keep saying its only the Denali trim which is always higher then the to Silverado.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Didn't know that was today, thanks for asking cuz now I'm going to watch! I'll wait till after the reveal and decide. If there's no V2H or ProPower like feature then I'm not interested. I want to be able to use the battery for more than just commuting or I can't justify the cost.

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Curious about the price, Silverado 1st edition was 100K+, they keep saying its only the Denali trim which is always higher then the to Silverado.
Yah, I am afraid of the pricing.
Hoping for an entry level base Denali - not interested in the 1st edition or RST or higher.

I have a SIlverado EV WT reservation - holding out for the $40K EV price point...

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Damn, it looks nice . No so Evalanche like
Sponsored