• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are there ANY seat covers that are compatible for our cooled seats?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I want to buy some covers but I want some that will allow the cooling features of our trucks to still Halfway work. Are there any even out there that can do this?
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I researched this and pretty much gave up. First, there are air bags in the sides of the seats so you have to have seat covers that have open sides. Second, the heated seats can cause damage if you use seat covers. Third, the insulating properties of seat covers pretty much negate seat cooling features.

The Ford Accessories website does have seat covers for the F150 but they all say not to be used with heated seats. You could plan on just removing the seat covers whenever you plan on using the seat heating or cooling features but that could end up being a real hassle. I have resigned myself to just having to replace the seat skins whenever they get too bad.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I researched this and pretty much gave up. First, there are air bags in the sides of the seats so you have to have seat covers that have open sides. Second, the heated seats can cause damage if you use seat covers. Third, the insulating properties of seat covers pretty much negate seat cooling features.

The Ford Accessories website does have seat covers for the F150 but they all say not to be used with heated seats. You could plan on just removing the seat covers whenever you plan on using the seat heating or cooling features but that could end up being a real hassle. I have resigned myself to just having to replace the seat skins whenever they get too bad.

Yep... I was afraid of this. These leather seats will decline pretty quickly over time so I'm in sort of a quagmire to cover or not. Also, I did not know that the seats have airbags in them.

Thank you for this input.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
For when you need to replace your seat skins, https://www.theseatshop.com, With these guys helping you it’s really not that big a deal. Check out some of their videos.
Sponsored