• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Article: Cybertruck is now a unibody vehicle

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Elon - "The truck is not ugly enough! What can we do to mess up the visual lines even more?"
Designers - "I got you fam!"

Why does it have California plates if it is made in Texas?
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
CT at its highest setting is pretty low, looks like you’ll slide into the truck instead of climbing into it similar to the Ridgeline…

Ford F-150 Lightning Article: Cybertruck is now a unibody vehicle IMG_1966

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Why does it have California plates if it is made in Texas?
All Ford company plated vehicles use a Michigan plate. Probably because of where the company is incorporated.

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
CT at its highest setting is pretty low, looks like you’ll slide into the truck instead of climbing into it similar to the Ridgeline…

IMG_1966.jpeg
It's as much a "truck" as a Model Y is an "SUV".

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
All Ford company plated vehicles use a Michigan plate. Probably because of where the company is incorporated.
But Tesla is now headquartered in Austin Texas!

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I seem to recall people saying the first prototype was huge, like super duty or larger.
Yep, and it sat 3 across in front. The production-ready "truck" is substantially smaller and shorter.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yep, and it sat 3 across in front. The production-ready "truck" is substantially smaller and shorter.
I've always had a gut feeling it wasn't going to make it into production in that same form. I just couldn't believe that they would be able to figure out how to manufacturer it at scale when there were no robotics in existence capable. I should take some time and find my old comments.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I understand riding higher is worse for range and efficiency, but they should give the driver that choice with air suspension. Like with the Model S, there's a high setting, but only at very low speeds, so it's never used. Would be a lot more compelling to let me step up into a CT when I want or to get in race mode when i want. Fixed height or a 2 inch window of height doesn't excite me.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I understand riding higher is worse for range and efficiency, but they should give the driver that choice with air suspension. Like with the Model S, there's a high setting, but only at very low speeds, so it's never used. Would be a lot more compelling to let me step up into a CT when I want or to get in race mode when i want. Fixed height or a 2 inch window of height doesn't excite me.
It does have Air Suspension. What you see is the highest setting of that air suspension.

Its almost as if non truck people built this “truck”

I don’t think it will take sales from future Full Size Truck offerings, from the Tacoma, Ranger, Ridgeline it might be a different story depending on pricing.