• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Austin owners

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I have had mine in austin since early June. I have since seen potentially 1 other in the area. 2 sightings but could have been same person. They have the same anti-matter blue lariat like I do.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
That would make at least 4 retail units, then, as mine is Star White. Iā€™m up in the NW part of town (near 360/2222).

I was the first retail purchase at Leif Johnson, and the day I picked mine up an iced blue metallic came in - and that 4th fella is somewhere here on this forum as well.

Our dealership, Leif, purported to get only 4 retail vehicles in 2022. Take that with a grain of salesperson salt, though.

They also purported to have already delivered over 40 units to Fleet in Austin and werenā€™t nearly done, so the number of Fleet lightnings in ATX should dwarf retail by end of 2022.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Hey! I went to Westlake :) . All I have to offer on this topic since I'm in Dallas :)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I have had mine in austin since early June. I have since seen potentially 1 other in the area. 2 sightings but could have been same person. They have the same anti-matter blue lariat like I do.
Weā€™re one of yā€™all across from Muchison Middle School today?

Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Alright. Alright. Alright.

Iā€™ll be taking delivery of my Lightning next week from Johnson Sewell Ford out in Marble Falls but live in Cedar Park.

This will be my first Ford. Who do yā€™all recommend as my dealer to use for service? My reservation was originally with Covert and they rubbed me the wrong way but I donā€™t know if their service department should be judged by their sales department. Covert is the closest to me. Would it be worth driving a bit farther to Leif or Mac Haik?

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
why on earth did you choose Johnson Sewell Ford in MF

Both me and my brother have had horrible dealings with the service department.

they told my brother he had leaky power steering pump lines in his 2015 f150 when he was getting his yearly inspection. Basically said it was unsafe to drive and he needed to leave it right now. He never saw any oil drips in his new garage he demanded to see it and there was not even any sweating around the lines. Told them to screw off and drove it home.

I have had decent dealings with Mac Hyik <sp> in round rock. but expect long waits.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
why on earth did you choose Johnson Sewell Ford in MF

Both me and my brother have had horrible dealings with the service department.

they told my brother he had leaky power steering pump lines in his 2015 f150 when he was getting his yearly inspection. Basically said it was unsafe to drive and he needed to leave it right now. He never saw any oil drips in his new garage he demanded to see it and there was not even any sweating around the lines. Told them to screw off and drove it home.

I have had decent dealings with Mac Hyik <sp> in round rock. but expect long waits.
I mean, Iā€™m not planning on using them service. I live 45 minutes from Marble Falls. Iā€™m just buying my truck from them.

Iā€™ll look into Mac Haik. Thanks.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I canā€™t say Iā€™ve had warm fuzzy feelings from either Covert or Leif. These days, between labor and parts shortages, nobody seems interested in ā€œearningā€ the business because they have months-long wait times anyway.

thankfully, the Lightning wonā€™t need much longer f any regular service - which for the reasons mentioned above, is a great perk of the Lightning.

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
That would make at least 4 retail units, then, as mine is Star White. Iā€™m up in the NW part of town (near 360/2222).

I was the first retail purchase at Leif Johnson, and the day I picked mine up an iced blue metallic came in - and that 4th fella is somewhere here on this forum as well.
Leif told me I was #2 FWIW, rapid red lariat near Avery Ranch.

Just took our first camping trip outside of town to Lost Maples with our 32ft camper. Charging in the hill country is really sparse!

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Leif told me I was #2 FWIW, rapid red lariat near Avery Ranch.
thatā€™s now two people told they were first (early July), and a third told they were second

Iā€™m not a math genius butā€¦

seems like Leif sales persons either donā€™t know who else is receiving what, or theyā€™ve decided itā€™s a positive ā€˜salesā€™/relationship pitch?

Separately, I live in the NW hills and have twice now seen an ice blue pass my house, and a darker blue one seen a few times more over by Murchison middle school.

A handful in town, which is great to see and feel lucky to be amongst them

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
thatā€™s now two people told they were first (early July), and a third told they were second

Iā€™m not a math genius butā€¦

seems like Leif sales persons either donā€™t know who else is receiving what, or theyā€™ve decided itā€™s a positive ā€˜salesā€™/relationship pitch?

Separately, I live in the NW hills and have twice now seen an ice blue pass my house, and a darker blue one seen a few times more over by Murchison middle school.

A handful in town, which is great to see and feel lucky to be amongst them
I haven't seen any in the wild yet around Austin, but ironically enough, another lightning showed up right next to our campsite at Lost Maples over the weekend (from San Antonio)!

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is the person who owns the grey platinum that is always parked out front of Austin's Furniture Outlet at Bell and 1431 on here? I pass your truck every Saturday on the way to Costco!

jsnowball81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F250
Another AMB in the group!

My sales guy at Mac Haik told me I was the 6th Lightning they've received. I was their #20 reservation. I will say had a pretty good purchasing experience with them and I will be using them for service as they are ~1 mile from my house.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alright. Another recurring Cedar Park Lightning sighting. In addition to the carbonized grey platinum on bell at the Austin Furniture Outlet, Iā€™m also seeing an Iced Blue platinum parked outside CB Hardware on Cypress Creek. Great to see more lightnings in my area!
Sponsored