• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

B&O Unleashed - audio not as loud

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
When driving home today, I noticed that the speakers didn’t sound right. For one, it wasn’t as loud, and secondly it felt like some of the speakers were not firing.

So being in IT, I figured I would try to reboot the APIM, but that didn’t fix it. I then tried to reboot my iPhone, again no success. So I then tried to power off the truck, and to turn it back on. This time, I had some success - it appears that now all the speakers were working.

However the other complaint - the sound being too low compared to the volume level- appears to be still there.

I am hoping that during it’s long slumber tonight, that something might change.
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Sounds like the system is now Leashed. Maybe Ford will have a monthly subscription to "Unleash" it again.

/s

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Sounds like the system is now Leashed. Maybe Ford will have a monthly subscription to "Unleash" it again.

/s
It was always Leashed. Although, now that I only have the 8 speaker B&O, I wish I had my Unleashed system from my 2021.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
This type of situation is not limited to Ford - although one would think that the Sync 4 and 4a systems have matured enough for this to be uncommon. That said, I have experienced this with Volvo’s Sensus system from time to time and with the GM system in my 19 Suburban to a lesser extent.

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
On the Unleashed, you are probably experiencing the ANC microphones adjusting the levels. You can turn these off in ForSCAN. Also make sure your speed compensation is off in the radio.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've noticed that when remote starting or pre-conditioning the truck, occasionally the default driver profile is active instead of my personalized profile, after switching to my settings, the sound becomes bolder & richer.
Sponsored