• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Busted. Recall. Then Fault. Then stuck.

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
I have seen. Few people post about this “Harvest” program. However soon after receiving this email my Ford ending up acting weird. Now it will charge to 100% but once I drive it drops to 83% and 260 mile range. Lariat ER. 6500 miles. December 2022. I have responded to the email a few times and called a few times but no one is responding at Ford. I just reached out to my dealer instead. Will let people know.

For the purposes of this program, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace certain high-voltage battery module(s) from your vehicle with new parts free of charge. The replacement parts will help prevent performance degradation of your high-voltage battery.

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Busted. Recall. Then Fault. Then stuck. IMG_3690
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robilium

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yikes even worse. Just drove 120 miles. Stopped at electrify America. The 350kwh charger kept failing when initiating so I switched to 150kwh which worked ok to charge to 82%. Then went to drive and I got faults and it made me pull over and park. Just used fordpass to get roadside assistance. Easy to use but… because the dealer was 60 miles away and the service only supports 50 miles they made me pay $180 via a text link before sending someone. That’s kinda sketchy? At least the app and payment experience was ok.

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Busted. Recall. Then Fault. Then stuck. IMG_3694
Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Busted. Recall. Then Fault. Then stuck. IMG_3692
Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Busted. Recall. Then Fault. Then stuck. IMG_3693

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford does not charge to tow to the nearest dealership. Ford Roadside Assistance has been hit or miss for many that have posted.

You should request reimbursement.

The 50 mile limit is IF you aren't able to find a flatbed, or have access to wheel dollies, you can tow it on the ground at a max speed of 35mph, and a max distance of 50 miles, with Emergency Towing turned on.

"If your Ford electric vehicle’s battery runs out of charge anytime during the first five years or 60,000 miles of ownership, we can tow you and your vehicle to one of three locations of your choosing within 50 miles of your vehicle location:

• Nearest public charger
  • Your home residence (assuming you have a way to charge at home)
  • Ford EV-certified dealer
If you’re more than 50 miles from your home, you will be towed to the nearest public charger or Ford EV-certified dealer."

Since your vehicle was disabled, there is no limit on the mileage, as long as it's to the nearest Ford EV-certified dealer.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...electric-vehicle-battery-roadside-assistance/

@Ford Motor Company, it is really appalling that this kind of misinformation comes from a Ford service provider.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
@Robilium in case you haven’t seen the battery tear down, here’s the link
I’m not sure how the battery issue isn’t a priority replacement, like Ford working with your dealer to make happen asap so you don’t get stranded.
I was over 50 miles when the truck died, but they towed it without charge. I never got reimbursed for my rental while my truck was down. Hopefully you get reimbursed for the towing and your repair is quick.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Robilium

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good to know on the 50 mile range! Gonna have to work to get my 180$ back on the tow. Estimated time of 3pm. 8 hours from now. Tried to call an Uber and would abandon truck. None will accept a 60 mile drive. Time to be patient?

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Busted. Recall. Then Fault. Then stuck. IMG_3698

OP
OP
Robilium

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The roadside assistance people called to see if I was picked up ok. I referenced what @RickLightning said above and they put me on hold for a minute and then came back and said they would immediately refund my $180. Thanks Rick! Now on way to dealer.
Note, it’s a bit tricky to put the truck into neutral for the flat bed. There is a little button besides the shifter that puts it into neutral mode for 30 mins. Hope people never need to use it.

also the BEV person finally called me back and said he would get the parts ordered and sent to the dealer. I asked him what parts and he said he didn’t know, the engineers do it directly. He said they are priority program and normally on back order a few months but I should get them in 5-10 biz days. When I talk to dealer I will ask more.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Ford Roadside Assistance has been hit or miss for many that have posted.
That's true, but lately other roadside assistance providers have been pretty sketchy. Last year I called AAA and they sent the tow jockey to the other end of town (50 miles away). I also had an issue while visiting Encino and the tow truck was directed by Ford to Malibu. I have also had successful calls to roadside assistance, but it's the failed ones that stay with you.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Issues with an independent driver are one thing. Having the Ford-contracted-supplier provide customers with wrong coverage information is not acceptable. Nor is dispatching a vehicle that is not capable of towing the customer (flatbed or dollies), or a driver that doesn't know the proper procedures.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
I use mine all the time, at the carwash.
Sponsored