• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Belt-minder disable?

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
As someone who has had previous Ford vehicles, I have always disabled the seat belt warning chime.

I do of course wear my seat belt when appropriate. But I detest getting pestered by it when I am maneuvering at slow speed (like in an open field).

In the past this was called BeltMinder. I've scoured the online manual, and haven't found any reference to how to disable it on the F150L. Anyone familiar with how to do so?

I'm expecting mine to land at the dealer any day now, so I can't poke through the menus yet.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
What is this manual you speak of? ;)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you know if the 2023 Manual will be the exact same or how to find the 2023 manual? Was going to start looking though it
Doesn't exist yet, have no idea what they'd change, but it wouldn't be this.

Sponsored

joelb1

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Sierra SLT
It's in the manual. You can download a .pdf copy and review it. It's not in any menus.

Screenshot_20221118_084900.jpg

PIONEER,
THANK YOU so much for posting this!!!!
I didn't know shutting off the seatbelt chime was possible, I did the above procedure and it works like a charm. (P.S. you must be sitting in the seat as you complete the steps)
THANKS AGAIN, APPRECIATE IT!!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Do you know if the 2023 Manual will be the exact same or how to find the 2023 manual? Was going to start looking though it
I don't see why they would be different. Nothing serious has changed between the model years.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Well, when you do switch off the seatbelt warning sound, don’t open your door while your truck is in motion…the truck will immediately/automatically shift to PARK!

I’ve made this mistake…..once🙃. You don’t want to, especially after the first jarring time!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for posting this, last night I could have used it, my buddy hates seatbelts and we endured the 5:34 minutes time it took for the minder to time-out, I'm setting this to OFF for future runs with him onboard.

UPDATE,
I was able to disable the two front seats.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for posting this, last night I could have used it, my buddy hates seatbelts and we endured the 5:34 minutes time it took for the minder to time-out, I'm setting this to OFF for future runs with him onboard.
Or, you could compensate for his lack of intelligence and tell him either he wears it in you truck or he doesn't get a ride. Keep in mind that if you, as the driver, disable the warning and he doesn't have a belt on and he gets injured, then you are liable.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Or, you could compensate for his lack of intelligence and tell him either he wears it in you truck or he doesn't get a ride. Keep in mind that if you, as the driver, disable the warning and he doesn't have a belt on and he gets injured, then you are liable.
Yes I know I'm exposed to suit regardless of stupid decisions by others, we're club brothers and the things we expose one another to on two wheels is of higher risk than disregarding common sense use of safety equipment, my wife and any minors are subject to my dictatorial rule though.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

UPDATE,
I was able to disable the two front seats.
Question: Does the disable process allow you to select the individual seats, front/back, or is it all seats/none?

****EDIT****
Answer: Read this thread more carefully 🙃: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/belt-minder-disable.13075/post-276855

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Question: Does the disable process allow you to select the individual seats, front/back, or is it all seats/none?
Did you even click on the manual page that was posted? It literally tells you...:(

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you even click on the manual page that was posted? It literally tells you...:(
Oh yea, I had read it and knew….I was just being stupid and not thinking in the moment…sometimes behaviors need to be reinforced through mistakes (hopefully not fatal)😵💫. This one now is engrained in me like Pavlov’s Dog!
Sponsored