• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Home Charger that isn't the FCSP

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Hello,

I received my extended range Lariat last week and love it. My Ford Charge Station Pro has not yet been delivered. However, I do not think I will ever need to charge at 80 amps and I have heard questionable things about the quality of the FCSP.

So, does anyone with more experience than I have any recommendations for a high quality home charger that will charge the Lightning at more than 32 amps? I am not looking for the cheapest option. I would like something quality with a reasonably long cord.

Thanks!
Sponsored

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
We have had a Clipper Creek (HCS-50 if I remember correctly) working flawlessly for us for years. Make sure to check out your electricity provider first though because they may provide rebates and/or discounts on certain makes/models - typically wifi connected models.

Dirtyrider89

First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Technician for cranes
I have a ChargePoint home flex works good for me.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I have a Chargepoint Home Flex at home and a ClipperCreek HCS-80 (64 amps output) at work. They both work great. The ClipperCreek doesn't have any smart features or connectivity - it just charges.

The Chargepoint has scheduling features that integrate with my utility to charge at off-peak rates and provide use and cost data. The interface isn't flawless but it's much better than the Ford app.

The ClipperCreek products seem much more robust than the Chargepoint, but I don't think the Chargepoint will be a problem even in outdoor applications.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It is only 40A, but I love our Grizzl-e. No advanced features, but a good price and very solidly built. Designed/built in Canada to withstand outdoor use in harsh winters. Longest possible J1772 cord (25')

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
How many amps are you guys getting? I am looking at Clippercreek. They have a 40 amp for $700 and a 48 amp for about $1k. Seems like the charging speed for 48 amps isn't much faster than 40 but it's hard to tell since ford doesn't really show different amperage comparisons outside of the Mobile Charger and the Pro Charger. I'm thinking the 40 amp should be just fine?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
How many amps are you guys getting? I am looking at Clippercreek. They have a 40 amp for $700 and a 48 amp for about $1k. Seems like the charging speed for 48 amps isn't much faster than 40 but it's hard to tell since ford doesn't really show different amperage comparisons outside of the Mobile Charger and the Pro Charger. I'm thinking the 40 amp should be just fine?
If you're going to spend $700, I would spend $50 more and get the ChargePoint Home Flex. It can charge up to 48A.

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you're going to spend $700, I would spend $50 more and get the ChargePoint Home Flex. It can charge up to 48A.
To get 48 amps, you have to hardwire. the NEMA 6-50 version of the Chargepoint is $599 on Amazon right now - and to hardwire you remove the plug cord, so it doesn't matter which plug type you get.

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
It looks like that one is only plug in. I have to mount outside and prefer the clean aesthetics of not having an extra box and plug outside.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
To get 48 amps, you have to hardwire. the NEMA 6-50 version of the Chargepoint is $599 on Amazon right now - and to hardwire you remove the plug cord, so it doesn't matter which plug type you get.
I stopped looking at chargers when I bought my Emporia. If you can get the Chargepoint for $599 I would jump on that in a heartbeat. When I was looking at them they were $749.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
It looks like that one is only plug in. I have to mount outside and prefer the clean aesthetics of not having an extra box and plug outside.
You take the plug off and you can hardwire it.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And you can route the input wires through the back for a very clean install.
Sponsored