• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Beware of animal attacks on truck

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
California Towhee bird sees something reflected in dirty bottom of side step:

It was doing this the day before as well. This is just a small sample of its many jumps. I put some blue painters tape there. Will see if it stops the delusion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I am more worried about rodents chewing up wires. Stuff gets warm and nice in winter outside while you are charging.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
I am more worried about rodents chewing up wires. Stuff gets warm and nice in winter outside while you are charging.
I had rats cause 32k worth of damage on my Porsche early this year. Little bastards chewed their way into the front behind the frunk and proceeded to ruin the electrical harness. The car was at the dealer for about nine months waiting on a new one to be manufactured.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I had my Lightning two weeks and the damned chipmunks chewed through the wire for the charger when one got caught inside the garage. Ooooooh, I was freaking pissed.

Guy at the dealer said that because of some laws and the VOC rules, a lot of car companies are switching to a soy/soybean based coating instead of the rubber/plastic type. It doesn't taste as nasty as the old stuff so it doesn't bother the critters.

So now I have a Grizzl-e charger on my wall with a MUCH beefier cord.
Sponsored