• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise 1.2 upgrade?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
The Ford website appears to indicate that new F150Ls will have Bluecruise 1.2 that includes turn signal lane changes and lane repositioning to avoid cars encroaching on your lane. My window sticker says that my F150L will only have Bluecruise 1.0. Is there any chance we can get a OTA upgrade to Bluecruise 1.2?
Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've heard Ford exec's say in a podcast that we will!

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
There is a Ford marketing dude on the lightning subreddit who indicates that it will eventually come to all lightnings but that it probably wouldn’t be soon. Not sure what “soon” means though.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
There is a Ford marketing dude on the lightning subreddit who indicates that it will eventually come to all lightnings but that it probably wouldn’t be soon. Not sure what “soon” means though.
Do you have a link to this?

It makes sense now that it’s been confirmed the hardware suite appears identical — they’re probably using the 2023 fleet to validate that the new software features don’t change safety.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Do you have a link to this?

It makes sense now that it’s been confirmed the hardware suite appears identical — they’re probably using the 2023 fleet to validate that the new software features don’t change safety.

Yep! Here is the thread on Reddit.

Sponsored

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Blue cruise has been great on the highways- lane change update will be incredible

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I believe it will require a hardware (module) upgrade as well. I think the price will be around $2,000 for the module and will require a 3-year subscription of $600. So, it wont be cheap to upgrade. Also, keep in mind that there will likely be a BC1.3 at some some point. So, upgrading each and every time could get costly.

Edit (3/15/23)
I need to retract my statment (above). It looks like the YouTube Beta Tester that installed hardware in order to use/test Blue Cruise 1.2 did so because the saftware update was pre-loaded into that particular Blue Cruise APIM. He swapped the hardware rather than upload software into his vehicle's module (I assume because he had no way of doing the softaware upload on his own without Ford pushing it to him). Sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I believe it will require a hardware (module) upgrade as well. I think the price will be around $2,000 for the module and will require a 3-year subscription of $600. So, it wont be cheap to upgrade. Also, keep in mind that there will likely be a BC1.3 at some some point. So, upgrading each and every time could get costly.
I disagree with your conclusions. From what information do you base these conclusions?

There will not be a hardware upgrade required.

There will not be a subscription fee, since people are already subscribed for 3 years.

This will be a zero cost.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'd like also to know what you're basing this on. When Jim Farley said in a podcast current Lightnings with Bluecruise will receive 1.2 in an update, what have you heard that disputes it.

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I'd find it hard to believe that any new hardware would be required on anything with a blue cruise 1.X version number. if it were version 2.0 then yes id expect that new hardware was involved.

Ford charges for this and other features so it does not behoove them to alienate current users, but keep their system up to date as long as possible so that when our 3 year complimentary subscription ends we are more likely to give them the $600 every 3 years

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I disagree with your conclusions. From what information do you base these conclusions?

There will not be a hardware upgrade required.

There will not be a subscription fee, since people are already subscribed for 3 years.

This will be a zero cost.
Great! That'll be awesome.
I like your theory better.
I hope I get my onboard scales with that same upgrade.
I'm all about the free upgrades.

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
I’m hoping BlueCruise 1.2 will have newer animations, and maybe one day, it will show what the car sees in the instrument cluster like Tesla and Rivian. For those who don’t like that view, it would be cool to make it optional.

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
I just want mine to be compatible when Im wearing sunglasses. For some reason as soon I put them on it panics
Sponsored