• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise city driving vibration

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Anyone experiencing a severe vibration when using blue cruise and the truck attempts to come to a stop behind traffic? When this happens I hit the brakes and turn blue cruise off to resolve. It’s only happened twice out of the multiple times blue cruise has worked fine.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
First, that's simple adaptive cruise. Nothing different between that function on cars with BC. It's using regen braking then actual braking. You should get the exact same reaction if you turn it off and manually brake in a similar manner.

OP
OP
Dadalorian13

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
First, that's simple adaptive cruise. Nothing different between that function on cars with BC. It's using regen braking then actual braking. You should get the exact same reaction if you turn it off and manually brake in a similar manner.
No, this shakes the entire truck. Nothing like using the brakes normally. Almost like an abs but more violent

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Can you look to see if the pedal is being depressed by the system when coming to a stop? Are these situations where the truck is braking harder than it could with only regen?

When my Model S comes to a stop with autopilot/cruise enabled, it always has to move the pedal to apply the friction brakes when under 5mph because it does not have a permanent magnet motor to bring the car to a complete stop. It will also do this when the car needs to slow down at a greater rate than regen only will do. Ford doesn't have that limitation at low speed, but their algorithm for applying the friction brakes may not be all that smooth and that may be what you're feeling if it occurs during heavier braking..

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
It sounds like your truck is panic breaking with ABS. Does blue cruise even work in city traffic?

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
We have never felt that in our Mach-e, including using adaptive cruise in stop and go traffic. I would suggest keeping and eye on it and if it keeps happening talking to your dealer.

Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It sounds like your truck is panic breaking with ABS. Does blue cruise even work in city traffic?
So let's clarify terminology.

First, Ford vehicles have had Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go for years. It's designed to sit in traffic and stop, and go, your vehicle. If it stops for too long, you have to hit Resume or step on the gas to reengage.

BlueCruise was originally just hands-free adaptive cruise. Then Ford spread the name over other things. If you're on a highway, using hands-free BlueCruise, and get into traffic, the Stop and Go technology will work the same as before, with one exception (in my experience). That exception is that you won't need to use Resume or step on the gas, it won't disengage if you're sitting in traffic too long. Note - we weren't sitting more than 40 - 50 seconds at any time, I didn't test it being stopped for say 3 minutes.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I have to ask and am assuming not, but you're not referring to the lane assist steering wheel vibration, right? This happens when you are either in steer assist or blue cruise and your go over the line. It vibrates the steering wheel to wake you if you are dozing off...

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
It could be that one or more of your brake rotors are already warped. That happens easily with factory brakes.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
BlueCruise is not designed to work in stop-n-go traffic and not on roads not 'mapped' by Ford, it is simply the version of 'hands free' interstate driving, and still incorporates all the capabilities of the 'ACTIVE' version, such as adaptive cruise control. BlueCruise uses the physical 'equipment' sensors that are watching your eye and head movements.

ACTIVE driving can be used in ANY road situations, as long as the sensors can see the stripes on both sides. This is already being used in many vehicles, whether Tesla or my new Kia Sorento PHEV, and works great. It incorporates Adaptive Cruise Control, automatic braking, etc. ACTIVE requires you to apply a small amount of turn, or torque, to the steering wheel periodically to keep it active.

Sounds like you are in ACTIVE mode, not BlueCruise. Sounds like your adaptive cruise control is sensing slowing traffic ahead, and applying either regenerative brake, physical braking, or both. It also sounds like those particular situations it was applying ABS braking, instead. That might be an ABS sensor issue.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
So let's clarify terminology.

First, Ford vehicles have had Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go for years. It's designed to sit in traffic and stop, and go, your vehicle. If it stops for too long, you have to hit Resume or step on the gas to reengage.

BlueCruise was originally just hands-free adaptive cruise. Then Ford spread the name over other things. If you're on a highway, using hands-free BlueCruise, and get into traffic, the Stop and Go technology will work the same as before, with one exception (in my experience). That exception is that you won't need to use Resume or step on the gas, it won't disengage if you're sitting in traffic too long. Note - we weren't sitting more than 40 - 50 seconds at any time, I didn't test it being stopped for say 3 minutes.
(22 Lightning) . I actually tested it the other day. Blue Cruised up to a single car in traffic. Came to a complete stop, worked very well. We sat for a good amount of time, so when the car in front of us left, the digital screen actually told me to press 'resume' to continue. Pretty cool. This morning in traffic, no stops, all bumper-to-bumper and it worked great. Only problem is people threading into the space in front of you. It responded pretty darn well with a 3 bar increment.
Sponsored