• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise in stop and go

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Did the bluecruise always need to get reset in stop and go traffic? I noticed yesterday that after it stopped there was an icon that said “ stopped “ and then it needed a resume input from the driver. Seemed like this was new. Seems like it should just keep going in stop and go traffic!
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
By memory...I think if you come to a complete stop for more than a few seconds it needs to be reset. If the traffic is simply roll or it is a very brief stop it will automatically resume speed.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It will do it once in a while, mostly on the first stop.

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
Did the bluecruise always need to get reset in stop and go traffic? I noticed yesterday that after it stopped there was an icon that said “ stopped “ and then it needed a resume input from the driver. Seemed like this was new. Seems like it should just keep going in stop and go traffic!
There is a limit on how long the car will stop and auto-resume. Longer stops require driver input.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
As I recall, if you're using BlueCruise on the highway at highway speeds, and then traffic slows, it behaves differently than if you're simply using Stop and Go, i.e. you're sitting in traffic which does require intervention.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Farmford42

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
It would be great to have some documentation on these on how it is supposed to work. I don’t see anything in the manual about this situation. In stop and go traffic it should just keep moving w traffic. The resume seems to lurch forward a bit.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It would be great to have some documentation on these on how it is supposed to work. I don’t see anything in the manual about this situation. In stop and go traffic it should just keep moving w traffic. The resume seems to lurch forward a bit.
The manual seems to imply that in a hands free zone it’ll auto resume but otherwise it’ll ask for you to manually resume.

My impression is that the manual originally only used blue cruise to refer to the hands free feature and then someone did a giant find and replace to call the hands-on mode Blue Cruise as well, and the specific sections of the manual weren’t proofread very well to account for that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Not new, I've had to do it on local downtown types of roads.

On [hands free] blue cruise mapped interstate highways, it tends to automatically resume forward movement unless

Exception was when I was stopped for more than a few seconds, like a total standstill traffic jam up near Gillette Stadium 495 & RT-1 on game days. Then I just tapped the resume button and she returned to tracking the slow & intermittently rolling traffic.

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Mine, 2021, depends on the situation if your just using it on back roads or unmapped stretches it will not resume but if you are it takes off for you - great when I’m sitting in traffic on 275

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I’m having trouble activating blue cruise. It drives itself but every so often it asks me to grab the wheel. Here is the pic of my instrument cluster. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I saw other pics with the cluster looking much different when in full hands free.
Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise in stop and go 2EA0CBE9-B0DF-4059-995E-096D0FD2C72A

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I’m having trouble activating blue cruise. It drives itself but every so often it asks me to grab the wheel. Here is the pic of my instrument cluster. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I saw other pics with the cluster looking much different when in full hands free.
2EA0CBE9-B0DF-4059-995E-096D0FD2C72A.jpeg
That's not hands free. There is no partial hands free. You're either in it or you're not.

I see you have less than 100 miles. Did you just purchase it? Your subscription might not be activated yet.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's not hands free. There is no partial hands free. You're either in it or you're not.

I see you have less than 100 miles. Did you just purchase it? Your subscription might not be activated yet.
Yes, I am unaware of a subscription, mind clarifying for me? TYIA

edit: went in my ford pass app and this is what I see: maybe the dealer didn’t submit the purchase yet?

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluecruise in stop and go E71ABDF7-E351-4863-A5F7-86136ACEA4C0

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Yes, I am unaware of a subscription, mind clarifying for me? TYIA

edit: went in my ford pass app and this is what I see: maybe the dealer didn’t submit the purchase yet?
I don't know when you bought your Lightning, but it took 2 days for my Lightning to activate, and our Mach-E was active the next day.

You can also check your connected services page in your Ford Owner account.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Ford needs to do a much better job in marketing, pricing/optioning and implementation of the 3 levels of automation.

Lowest: Adaptive cruise only(no lane centering although lane correction may or may not occur)
Mid: Adaptive cruise w lane centering. Requires hands on wheel. (Available on almost every road with visible lines including 2 lane rural). Does ford refer to this as Bluecruise also? (I think so)
Highest: Bluecruise hands free-- hands free control of speed and hands off steering. Mapped Limited access highways.

Fords marketing and informational references are a hot mess..very confusing.

When driving..its not very clear as to what the car should be doing or NOT doing. Its esp hard to see if lane centering is active or if only adaptive is working, Hands free to non hands free could be better also..how about a dedicated "light" like the one with super cruise.

Last edited:

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dumb question. Will Blue Cruise be an annual subscription for me?
Sponsored