• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Can you tell me what sequence you use to start a session at EA?
I've been told by EA to plug first then swipe, they also have said the opposite. I've done both ways and its hit and miss for me. I have Blue Oval disabled to not have that confusion. and the price increase. When I did use plug and charge for my free 250kw it worked perfectly.
Use the app before you plug in. That allows me to get the membership rate. If I am just lazy, I plug it in and let the Blue oval network do its thing.
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
This keeps getting better. Maybe Ford will throw me another 500 kWh for Tesla? Hint. Hint. My 500 for EA are used up.
Of course, now that I pay less than 17¢ per kWh at Bedford, Tesla better step up at Breezewood.

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Almost as shitty as taking blue cruise to 800$ a year right!? Right!? What a joke
Not to get off topic but Blue Cruise cost money outside of the initial feature?

Howard S

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
I didn’t realize this was complimentary

IMG_2149.jpeg
All it does is allows you to use your credit card on anybody that’s in the FordPass net work. Which may not include EA chargers which are much cheaper if you have a monthly subscription

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Use the app before you plug in. That allows me to get the membership rate. If I am just lazy, I plug it in and let the Blue oval network do its thing.

When you say Use the app before you plug in. Do you just open the app and then plug in, or do you have to select the charger you're using?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When you say Use the app before you plug in. Do you just open the app and then plug in, or do you have to select the charger you're using?
You have to activate the charger in the EA app in order to get the member rate.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The plug N charge got an EA station to work that the app said was unavailable, so there is utility even if limited use cases. I'm praying hard that the subscription gives us discounted pricing. We shall see...
Yup - had the same thing happen to me. Saved my butt since I didn't have enough charge to make it to the next charger without extreme measures. I keep it turned on, but subscribe to EA+ and use the app whenever I am on a road trip.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
The plug N charge got an EA station to work that the app said was unavailable,
Wow I missed this post.. Really good info thanks. I unsubscribed from Blue Oval as to not get accidentally charged at a higher rate. This info should be a Sticky..

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Wow I missed this post.. Really good info thanks. I unsubscribed from Blue Oval as to not get accidentally charged at a higher rate. This info should be a Sticky..
Like many, I keep the PnC switched off and use the cheaper EA price from the app. But in a pinch, I know I can switch it on and stand a good chance at charging. I'll note that the screen on the EA station showed no faults, it was only the app that said unavailable.
Sponsored