• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Breaking news for 2023 Mustang Mach E - IRS changes max MSRP to $80K

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Just hit the newswire from IRS.

Change in maximum MSRP to $80K instead of the original $55K.

Means all MME are eligible for the full tax credit in 2023 but before March when the IRS rules.

Combine the tax credit for the next month plus the new lower prices - makes it a good time to get an MME!
Ford F-150 Lightning Breaking news for 2023 Mustang Mach E - IRS changes max MSRP to $80K 80KtaxcreditMME
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Damn, Ford had to call in favors! Good news though, Mach-E's look like fantastic vehicles and it's better for them to compete against Tesla in a fair manner than one getting a rebate while the other doesn't. Honestly why I'm not a fan of MSRP caps, because it artificially widens a gap between competitors. If Chevy released a Lariat equivalent Silverado at $79,999 is it really worth $15k less?

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 1999 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
My CPA (as am I) wife repeatedly reminds me that tax policy is politically generated and is why it makes no logical sense. My thought is that Base MSRP should be what qualifies a vehicle, not all the discretionary bells & whistles one wants to add on. Why should one be pushed out of the tax credit if you want ER or reclining seats ??

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
So according to that, the 22 lightnings had to be under $80k too?

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Just hit the newswire from IRS.

Change in maximum MSRP to $80K instead of the original $55K.

Means all MME are eligible for the full tax credit in 2023 but before March when the IRS rules.

Combine the tax credit for the next month plus the new lower prices - makes it a good time to get an MME!
80KtaxcreditMME.png
Just saw that, beat me to the post

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Good news for Ford. But after driving both, I'd rather have a Lightning.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Good news for Ford. But after driving both, I'd rather have a Lightning.
Funny, I am going the opposite:
Selling my '22 Lightning and getting '23 MME.

Urban Los Angeles commuter traffic is tough to drive in the Lightning..

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Funny, I am going the opposite:
Selling my '22 Lightning and getting '23 MME.

Urban Los Angeles commuter traffic is tough to drive in the Lightning..
If I lived in a more congested area I might feel different, but I wouldn't trade my Lightning for a Mach-E. They don't compare in ride and comfort, and from what I've seen this winter, there isn't that great of a efficiency difference. At least not enough to want it over the truck. I hope you don't regret it.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
If I lived in a more congested area I might feel different, but I wouldn't trade my Lightning for a Mach-E. They don't compare in ride and comfort, and from what I've seen this winter, there isn't that great of a efficiency difference. At least not enough to want it over the truck. I hope you don't regret it.
My wife refuses to drive the Lightning - she says the turn radius for U turns and parking in tight stalls are awful.

Even backing in with all the cameras - she can not maneuver into parking slots or parallel park.

We live in highly congested So Cal and that's why I get 260-290 miles of range in my SR.

The incoming MME will hopefully negate her concerns.

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Yay.. now a $55,001 Mach E does save the planet! Yesterday it didnt. Amazing! Yay Gov't!

If these incentives are in place "because Electrification will save the planet" then why dont they want "rich" people participating in saving the planet. Seems like it would be smart to have them on board!

Damn, Ford had to call in favors! Good news though, Mach-E's look like fantastic vehicles and it's better for them to compete against Tesla in a fair manner than one getting a rebate while the other doesn't. Honestly why I'm not a fan of MSRP caps, because it artificially widens a gap between competitors. If Chevy released a Lariat equivalent Silverado at $79,999 is it really worth $15k less?
In short yes, The MSRP caps are idiotic. I could hear the argument for sundowning out like Gov't did with Child Tax Credit income limits but the hard "cliffs" are so stupid.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Pro SR
In short yes, The MSRP caps are idiotic. I could hear the argument for sundowning out like Gov't did with Child Tax Credit income limits but the hard "cliffs" are so stupid.
I think BEV cars are too expensive for most folks. The Fed caps aren't perfect, but they may help generate a BEV made in USA for reasonable price

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
My wife refuses to drive the Lightning - she says the turn radius for U turns and parking in tight stalls are awful.

Even backing in with all the cameras - she can not maneuver into parking slots or parallel park.

We live in highly congested So Cal and that's why I get 260-290 miles of range in my SR.

The incoming MME will hopefully negate her concerns.
I understand that. I never planned on using my Lightning as a daily driver. If I had room I'd get a MME right now or "heaven forbid" a Model Y.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My CPA (as am I) wife repeatedly reminds me that tax policy is politically generated and is why it makes no logical sense. My thought is that Base MSRP should be what qualifies a vehicle, not all the discretionary bells & whistles one wants to add on. Why should one be pushed out of the tax credit if you want ER or reclining seats ??
The answer to your final question is in your first sentence.
Sponsored