• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
They do this in Europe already, but have CCS standard. I’m doing some research on adaptors, but I could purchase a membership right now.

Ford F-150 Lightning BREAKING: @Tesla Supercharger membership packages announced for Non-Tesla EV owners ($0.99/month) F8D27960-1FE6-4E0D-A600-D9C95261DC9E

OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Show me the Superchargers with the J1772 connector. Until then, this is fake news.
You wouldn’t want a J1772 adapter only, you want to CCS to get a higher speed. It’s definitely legit and in the Tesla app. More to come on this, but it’s a nice option that’s in progress for us.

OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
The open SC network isn’t live yet in the Us, but the ball is definitely rolling now. Elon has mentioned this and with the incentives from the inflation reduction act, I expect to see more growth in infrastructure.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Huge news. Now we just need the Tesla->CCS adapter. AND Tesla needs to make the CCS->Tesla adapter readily available here to help offset the non-Teslas at Superchargers.

Also, I think they should charge by the minute. Or charge a surcharge when the car is pulling <50kW or something. People are going to be understandably annoyed when a Supercharger is clogged up with slow-charging Uber Bolts and such.

OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Huge news. Now we just need the Tesla->CCS adapter. AND Tesla needs to make the CCS->Tesla adapter readily available here to help offset the non-Teslas at Superchargers.

Also, I think they should charge by the minute. Or charge a surcharge when the car is pulling <50kW or something. People are going to be understandably annoyed when a Supercharger is clogged up with slow-charging Uber Bolts and such.
The leaf will make a comeback 🤣

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
We don't want adapters, hopefully they just have one cable for each connector at each station.

I am sure that Tesla will not open all stations to us either, but hopefully its the less popular ones that are more of gaps in coverage.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
We don't want adapters, hopefully they just have one cable for each connector at each station.

I am sure that Tesla will not open all stations to us either, but hopefully its the less popular ones that are more of gaps in coverage.
There are 1600 Supercharger locations in the US. CCS cables would be great, and probably will be the plan for future installs and some retrofits, but in order to use the existing Superchargers anytime soon, an adapter is probably unavoidable. I doubt they'll be able to retrofit all 1600 locations (~14,000 plugs, probably) anytime soon.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
It will be great if this will happen. But if this is an actual launch it is very odd. No talk or mention of adapters or how it will work. It seems that only some stations will be open to non-Tesla owners. But there are none available on the map. But they will happily charge you $0.99 a month anyway starting today? Very odd.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
The leaf will make a comeback 🤣
haha

I want Leafs and Bolts to be able to use Superchargers when they need it, but if there are people waiting, I think there should be incentive for them to move along rather than charge all the way up at like 25kW or whatever.

OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Adapters will be a good start, but over time I'm sure at least the v3 Superchargers will be retrofitted with both cables and hopefully the CCS cable will be a little longer.

One note here is that the cables on v3 SC's are liquid cooled.

And one big note - that .99 cents is probably the best .99 I'll spend all month each month. Might even get Elon to wave that fee for those that also own a Tesla.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
If Tesla can use a EA station.. it should work both ways you would think. Even tho adaptors don't exist yet (?) to go CCS > Tesla, it should be possible? Adaptors indeed please.

As far as deployment - maybe do it like the bank does trying to keep people from stealing pens. Leave them dangling on chains from the charge stations lol.