• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Wow this is very generous of Ford and will just happen automatically that’s great!
Yes, Ford really believes in making sure the Lightning is a success - they are really betting their pot of gold..
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
What do we get for the inconvenience of not getting a truck this year?(answer: price increase)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What do we get for the inconvenience of not getting a truck this year?(answer: price increase)
Maybe more colors?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
As a resident of Illinois who can only get our $4,000 rebate if it gets delivered after July 1, I'll take the $4k instead. :)

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
My dealer confirmed this today. Bulletin came out today for them I guess

pch3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
It's nice to see the recognition from Ford that they aren't meeting customer expectations on this. Even if the total value of the additional 250kWH + $500 isn't mind blowing relative to the frustrations and cost of the truck.

I've had a mediocre experience my self with Sunrun, though I've finally made some progress with them in the last week (my install design was finalized I got my official quote to review and sign yesterday). My Sunrun rep has been trying his best, but what's become really clear to me is that Sunrun is just as much in the dark as most of us are about how this is all really supposed to work. I think the customer experience has been driven not as much by Sunrun the company as it has by the fact that there is some new process between Sunrun and Ford (which also includes new information systems and legal agreements) that wasn't ready when it needed to be AND now that they are slowly working out the kinks in the process, they are now hampered by the fact that supply chain problems are slowing down charger availability.

My Sunrun rep was pretty forthcoming with the challenges they've had in getting this new process up and running.

In any case, he also mentioned that once we get the quote signed, we will be ready to schedule an install, but that they won't do that until they get the next batch of chargers from Ford. He noted Ford said they would be shipping them a large batch of chargers later this month. So I'm guessing my charger install won't be until July... but since I got my "Your vehicle has shipped" email just this morning, I'm hoping I'll take delivery before June 30 and will eventually see a $500 card in the mail 💰

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Jokes on us - there will be no more deliveries prior to June 30 - congrats to the first 75 owners.
You Sir are NOT funny. Not funny at all. May you die a death with the heat of a thousand burning suns.

And I mean that in the nicest, most respectful way.

Last edited:

Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F350 diesel dually, 2020 Platinum Escape Hybr
Occupation
Retired
I wonder what Ford will do for Canadian buyers

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Interesting - I have not received this notice. I did see 250kw show up when I linked my FordPass to my EA account, but I think that was before this, so I just assumed it was included.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Interesting - I have not received this notice. I did see 250kw show up when I linked my FordPass to my EA account, but I think that was before this, so I just assumed it was included.
250 is included for everyone. This bumps it to 500 for deliveries before June 30.

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone that has taken delivery received notification that this program applies to them?
For me, Sun Run has completed the contract and filed for a permit. They indicated that they do not have stock of the chargers and it could be weeks.

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Add me to the list of hoping to get before June 30th!

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 1993 F-150 XL 2WD
Occupation
Sustainable Landscape Design & Install
Looks like I’ll be wiring up an RV 14-50 receptacle while waiting on the CSP. If 500kWh gets the average truck 1000 miles, or one month, that’s probably Ford’s target to get us the CSP.
…but we got 250kwh before we knew there’d be a delay. I was already expecting the 250, so it’s really a net gain of 250. I’m one of the unfortunate peeps who is desperately charging on a 15-amp 120v outlet getting merely a mile or two per hour. It’s painful til our 80-amp charger arrives…
Sponsored