• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can you use FORSCAN and/or FDRS to change BlueCruise settings once it is installed?

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
Without reading the 229 pages in the FORSCAN thread, it is systemically possible to override pre-set maximums within BlueCruise? Specifically, the system kicks off when you hit 81 MPH. I understand the rationale for having a maximum, but in some states - this doesn’t allow for a slight buffer above the set speed limit. Is there a way to set it for like 86 MPH? Asking for a friend.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Without reading the 229 pages in the FORSCAN thread, it is systemically possible to override pre-set maximums within BlueCruise? Specifically, the system kicks off when you hit 81 MPH. I understand the rationale for having a maximum, but in some states - this doesn’t allow for a slight buffer above the set speed limit. Is there a way to set it for like 86 MPH? Asking for a friend.
I don't think anyone with Bluecruise and FORSCAN skills have investigated that yet. But that 80 MPH limit might just be there due to the fact that your APIM and IPMA etc. may not have sufficient processing power to react any faster than what would be considered safe at 80 MPH.

This is the same APIM that's been used in other Ford vehicles for years. Now with new and improved demands on it's capabilities.

Mike

MostlySafeBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Eventually) an F-150 Lightning
Not so far, and I for one am glad for that. Slow down! Why would you need a 'buffer' above the speed limit? Between ~6,000 to ~14,000 pounds moving at 80 MPH is plenty fast, fast enough to be instantly lethal to most people that you may collide with.

You're not on the road alone, and your choices affect a LOT of other people's lives. As good of a driver as people may think they are, that doesn't agree with reality. Hundreds of people are killed on our roads every day, and way more are injured for life, and this is despite enormous improvements in safety with newer vehicles.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Has that limit been observed in the Lightning? I haven't see it limit based on speed in our Mach-e. You can set up how you want it to automatically react to speed limit changes (holding a fixed mph above or below), but you an use the steering wheel controls to adjust it after that.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I guess now I’ll have to try it. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored