• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canadian Orders - Can dealers submit orders without allocation?

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Telsa MY, 12 Leaf, 18 Leaf
The order process in Canada seems very different than the US.

I had been following up with my dealer for quite some time, and he never took a deposit from me. In August he reached out and told me they were soon going to be able to enter their 2023 orders. I went in and put a deposit on a Lariet ER + 511A + Max Tow on Aug 22. He was supposed to get back to me on on Aug 25 when the order banks opened. Apparently that all got delayed and my order went in on the 31st.

The Ford Canada website has not been updated at all. At this point we're still looking at thte 2022 infomration on the site, and there is no longer a way to view reservations. When I asked my dealer when I would ge a VIN, he told me he has no idea. Could be a day, could be next summer. This was quite a bit of a change in timeline from when I was deciding to order. At the time, he was showing me a sheet that basically had information showing a (calendar) Q4 timeframe.

TLDR: In Canada, when a dealer enters an order, what does that actually mean? Can a dealer do this without any allocation whatsoever and string along a customer? I put a fairly large deposit, and I just want some peace of mind knowing that I didn't fork over money for nothing. Since Ford no longer offers any way of knowing the status of my order, outside of pestering my dealer is there any way to determine progress like the American customers can from the reservation system.
Sponsored