• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
I know everyone suggested KatSkin, but I always like the OEM look better. So ordered some takeoffs from a 2021 ICE F-150 XLT on eBay (only $135), and swapped the vinyl Pro seat covers. Doesn't look half bad IMO.

Ford F-150 Lightning Changed Pro Seats to XLT Seats by changing OEM seat covers IMG-5724

Ford F-150 Lightning Changed Pro Seats to XLT Seats by changing OEM seat covers IMG-5725

Ford F-150 Lightning Changed Pro Seats to XLT Seats by changing OEM seat covers IMG-5726

Ford F-150 Lightning Changed Pro Seats to XLT Seats by changing OEM seat covers IMG-5727
Sponsored

OP
OP
DocAdams44

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
only real "feature" it adds is now I have map pockets on the back of both front seats...

OP
OP
DocAdams44

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
did you install them yourself? how hard is that?
Yeah did it all myself. Was super easy, just time consuming. Did the back seats one day, passenger seat took like 3 hours, but then the drivers seat was much faster since I knew what I was doing. Really just pay attention to how you take the vinyl ones off, and the new covers attach the exact same way.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
That looks really nice!

If you are doing the seat covers in future, I recommend adding a heated seat pad to each seat. It is surprisingly easy to do. I have installed heated seat pads on a few vehicles now. Also, don't get the "waterproof" ones. They just add a coating that makes them a little more slippery to sit under the fabric. You don't need the waterproof feature.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Those look nice!

I may be in the minority but I actually love the vinyl seats.

(Though, I live in a muddy climate and have young kids and big dogs...)
My wife and I are liking the vinyl as well. We got ours in August and had a nice heat wave for about two weeks. No real issue with them being sticky. A little back sweat here and there, but nothing awful.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Yeah did it all myself. Was super easy, just time consuming. Did the back seats one day, passenger seat took like 3 hours, but then the drivers seat was much faster since I knew what I was doing. Really just pay attention to how you take the vinyl ones off, and the new covers attach the exact same way.
I am contemplating doing a cover swap too..plan on adding heat pads so if i have to take off covers, might as well. Did you have any problems when you came across the airbags? are they built in pretty sturdy into the seats or is it something that can easily be messed up? I don't want to risk family safety by doing this but i really want to this spring.

OP
OP
DocAdams44

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
I am contemplating doing a cover swap too..plan on adding heat pads so if i have to take off covers, might as well. Did you have any problems when you came across the airbags? are they built in pretty sturdy into the seats or is it something that can easily be messed up? I don't want to risk family safety by doing this but i really want to this spring.
I was worried about airbags too, but not worried enough where I even bothered unhooking the 12v battery before taking the seats out. Just unplug the big connector under the front seat and then the airbag is two small nuts and it’s bolted into the side of the seat cushion. Easy to take off, replace the cover on that side first, and bolt back on

OP
OP
DocAdams44

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
That looks really nice!

If you are doing the seat covers in future, I recommend adding a heated seat pad to each seat. It is surprisingly easy to do. I have installed heated seat pads on a few vehicles now. Also, don't get the "waterproof" ones. They just add a coating that makes them a little more slippery to sit under the fabric. You don't need the waterproof feature.
Wish I had even thought of that, but now that they’re in, there is a 0% chance I te-do it to add heated seats. These cloth covers are still slightly less cold than the vinyl in the mornings

Sponsored
OP
OP
DocAdams44

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
My wife and I are liking the vinyl as well. We got ours in August and had a nice heat wave for about two weeks. No real issue with them being sticky. A little back sweat here and there, but nothing awful.
I also liked the way the vinyl felt. Just wish they weren’t so ugly and monotone. But very much could be marketed as “pleather” rather than vinyl. They’re soft and nothing like an old vinyl school bus seat. Had they been more appealing to the eye, I wouldn’t have even bothered changing them

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I know everyone suggested KatSkin, but I always like the OEM look better. So ordered some takeoffs from a 2021 ICE F-150 XLT on eBay (only $135), and swapped the vinyl Pro seat covers. Doesn't look half bad IMO.

IMG-5724.jpg

IMG-5725.jpg

IMG-5726.jpg

IMG-5727.jpg
Looks great! I'm going leather in mine but only because cloth isn't compatible with my Labs. Otherwise, this would be THE option for me because I like the look of the OEM cloth. Did you add heaters?

OP
OP
DocAdams44

DocAdams44

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Pro SR
Occupation
Military
Looks great! I'm going leather in mine but only because cloth isn't compatible with my Labs. Otherwise, this would be THE option for me because I like the look of the OEM cloth. Did you add heaters?
I did not

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
If it is 2022 model, you could swap the seats to get seats heated.
Sponsored