• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Now Option

tigertas32

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer ST
So, I have the lightning setup to charge during certain hours (12a-6a San Diego SDGE). There are times when I want to start charging immediately when I plug in. Currently, I have to go into the app and change the charging from “use preferred charging” to “charge when plugged in”. It’s a pain in the ass plus it changes the settings and I have to change it back after charging. Is there an easy button to do this where it just overrides for this one charge?

Also, I just had a Solaredge EV charger installed. They have a charge now button on their app. But I think because the lightning is set to charge during certain times, it won’t allow the charge to work.

I would just like the ability to set the appropriate times for low rates with the ability to quickly charge when I want without changing settings.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Mine doesn't work that way. I do have to go to the app but at the bottom of the home screen, I click the plugged in waiting to charge. I then select charge to 100%. I do have to watch it if I don't want to charge to 100%. FYI, I'm using the FCSP.

OP
OP

tigertas32

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I also have that button. I haven’t tried it yet because I don’t want to charge to 100%. I will try it later to see if that button does allow to charge now (but to 100%)

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
My e-Golf had hard buttons next to the charge port to force delayed charging or immediate charging and they were instrumental in taking advantage of opportunistic charging while keeping those TOU schedules in.

Every other EV I've owned since has been disappointing in that regard. If Ford can enable that functionality with a specific sequence of pressing of the lock release button that would be amazing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Now Option Screenshot_20230125-074247

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
So, I have the lightning setup to charge during certain hours (12a-6a San Diego SDGE). There are times when I want to start charging immediately when I plug in. Currently, I have to go into the app and change the charging from “use preferred charging” to “charge when plugged in”. It’s a pain in the ass plus it changes the settings and I have to change it back after charging. Is there an easy button to do this where it just overrides for this one charge?

Also, I just had a Solaredge EV charger installed. They have a charge now button on their app. But I think because the lightning is set to charge during certain times, it won’t allow the charge to work.

I would just like the ability to set the appropriate times for low rates with the ability to quickly charge when I want without changing settings.

Thanks in advance.
There is no Charge Now button, except the Charge to 100%. You can use that, and then resume the schedule if you manually go back in and check to see if your target charge has been reached, or exceeded.

You are correct that a charger will not override the vehicle and make it charge. However, you can override the vehicle and NOT let it charge by setting hours. For example, if you set a departure time outside your 12 - 6AM hours, your vehicle will pull juice UNLESS you set the same 12 - 6AM hours in the charger. Then, if you really want to use power for your departure time, you'd need to click "Charge Now" on the charger and it will provide electricity for the departure setting, assuming it stays in the Charge Now state long enough.

If I want to Charge Now, I do that on my charger and then hit Charge to 100%, then set a timer to go back and stop it.

OP
OP

tigertas32

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer ST
@Gewalt I had the egolf too and this was great.
@RickLightning Seems like a lot of stuff to do when a simple override, charge now is easy. Maybe I'm wrong.

I could easily just let the charger do the work, but I have another charger on the other side of the garage that is not internet connected, so I need the truck to have a schedule depending on where my wife parks first.

Come on Ford.
Sponsored