• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station fault (not really?) upon completing charging

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I have had this error condition occur frequently when charging:

I get the alert that my truck has finished charging to my preset of 90%, then immediately get an alert that there was an error with the charge station.

There doesn't seem to be an actual problem. Seems to just be a wierd anomaly.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station fault (not really?) upon completing charging Screenshot_20221218_133515
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Weird. That's almost like the truck stopping the charge is catching the station off guard and it then thinks there is something wrong. Which of course shouldn't be happening

ThomasNC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Government
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but did you ever get to the bottom of this. Exact same thing happens with my truck. I was thinking it might be my cheap Amazon EVSE that I'm just using until I decide what I want permanently but I'd be curious to know what you found out. The annoying thing is you can't warm up the truck in the morning on house power unless you start the truck and then go out and unplug/plug in the charger again.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Do you have the location of your charger set in the gps?

If no, then set it.
If yes, remove it and reset the location. It might help.

ThomasNC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Government
Do you have the location of your charger set in the gps?

If no, then set it.
If yes, remove it and reset the location. It might help.
Thanks. I deleted it last night when I got home. Still got the charging error when it finished. Once it finally decides to show up in the location history again I will add it back and see what happens.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My guess is that when the truck stops charging, the EVSE is sending something unexpected on the J1772 pilot signal. The best way to confirm is to try a different EVSE.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I got the same thing this morning. I received my 6.3.0 update yesteday morning, so I can't help but wonder if there is some kind of a connection. Checked the Ford app before going to bed last night and noticed the status was "Paused" instead of showing it would start charging at the scheduled time. Checked my Emporia app and it said it received a "unexpected response" from the truck. I went out, unplugged it, plugged it back in and the Ford app said it would start charging at its normal time. It charged as usual, but when I started it this morning, I received the "charging station fault" as well. I removed my address and scheduled charging time from the app and verified it was gone from the truck. We'll see how things go tonight.
Sponsored