• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Charge Rate

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I know that there is a dial under the cover to adjust the charge rate, but can you adjust it through the app?

If you have it on a 100 amp breaker, and have 80 amps selected on the max setting switch, can you lower the maximum charge rate through the app?
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Typically when something has a manually adjustment there isn't a digital adjustment as well. Unless there is a motor in the dial to move the selector.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess not.

That being said, the vehicle connected will only take what it is capable of.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Typically when something has a manually adjustment there isn't a digital adjustment as well. Unless there is a motor in the dial to move the selector.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess not.

That being said, the vehicle connected will only take what it is capable of.
That’s not always true. The hardware limit and software limit are two different things.
My Ford Connected Charge Station has DIP switches to set a hard limit. I can still select a lower charge rate in the app. Tesla Wall Chargers are the same. I don’t have my CSP yet, but I’d think it would also have this capability.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
That’s not always true. The hardware limit and software limit are two different things.
My Ford Connected Charge Station has DIP switches to set a hard limit. I can still select a lower charge rate in the app. Tesla Wall Chargers are the same. I don’t have my CSP yet, but I’d think it would also have this capability.
I know it's not always true, that's why I started with typically.

Interesting that the hardware switch may say 40a but you can manually set it in the app to 80a. Almost doesn't seem safe.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know it's not always true, that's why I started with typically.

Interesting that the hardware switch may say 40a but you can manually set it in the app to 80a. Almost doesn't seem safe.
That’s not how it works. The hardware setting is always maximum. You can only go lower in the app.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
That’s not how it works. The hardware setting is always maximum. You can only go lower in the app.
That makes more sense, so the app will allow you to adjust up to the point the dial is set?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But you don't know for sure yet that this is how it works on the FCSP because you don't have it, right?
True…but I’d bet money that if it has software control, the software setting cannot exceed the hardware setting.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
True…but I’d bet money that if it has software control, the software setting cannot exceed the hardware setting.
I'm hoping so too. I'm going to wire it for the full 80, but I think in the winter I will have to set it to 64 amps and I can get by with 40 or 48 in the summer. I just don't want to have to open the cover every time I want to adjust it.

That's what I like about my Emporia. I can do it through the app

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Thank you for posting that. I would have hated to take the cover off every time I wanted to change it.

Last edited:

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I manually set the dial to 48A in the FCSP but the app still shows the full scale up to 80A. It would be more clear if the app received feedback from the FCSP and adjusted the scale appropriately. I set the app to 48A to match the dial in the unit but I’m not sure if that actually makes any difference.

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
I just installed my Pro Charger tonight. I also use Sense for my home power monitoring. I upgraded my wiring to 3 gouge copper wire and set the dip switch to 7 for 80 amps. Good news, I am charging at roughly 82amps. Bad news.. adjusting it down in the APP seems to do nothing. I've tried setting it and it confirms and shows it's lowered but does not actually reduce the amps going to the vehicle. Also I had to use an Apple phone to get the Charger Pro setup app to actually finish properly. Two separate Android phones couldn't finish the setup. They would connect and then it would find it after it switched to my home network. My old WallBox charger had a similar process and it worked flawless.

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
Bad news.. adjusting it down in the APP seems to do nothing
After I posted my screenshot from the app I was worried that might be the case. :confused:

I have an Emporia Vue so I will try the same test in a few hours when I am up.
Sponsored