• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue

zellah

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
Howdy all, It's the weekend so I can't talk to anyone at Ford, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this. I just had my Charge Station pro installed this last week and I went through the steps to connect it to wifi and am trying to get it connected to my Ford Pass app but every time I do it says station not found and stops.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
If you haven’t yet, download Ford Pass and Ford Charge Station Pro set up apps. Start and set up Ford Pass. Run FCS set up. Tie into the same wifi networks for your phone and FCS. With phone beside FCS identify strongest signal. Consider a wifi extender if signal is very weak.

Good luck and keep trying.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I have the same issue. I cannot see the station SSID to connect and finish the installation. The charger works, i just can't get it connected to Ford Pass. I've tried several different devices, extenders throughout, reset/rebooted the charger, tried it unplugged, tried it plugged in, I put my left foot in, I put my left foot out, I put my left foot in and I shook it all about. Still nothing. Maddening.

EDIT: Working now! Thanks to Siemens and Ford for the assistance!

Last edited:

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I have the same issue. I cannot see the station SSID to connect and finish the installation. The charger works, i just can't get it connected to Ford Pass. I've tried several different devices, extenders throughout, reset/rebooted the charger, tried it unplugged, tried it plugged in, I put my left foot in, I put my left foot out, I put my left foot in and I shook it all about. Still nothing. Maddening.
Howdy all, It's the weekend so I can't talk to anyone at Ford, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this. I just had my Charge Station pro installed this last week and I went through the steps to connect it to wifi and am trying to get it connected to my Ford Pass app but every time I do it says station not found and stops.

Any suggestions?
Just a follow up, I received the following from the Siemens team (the manufacturer and setup app developers)

"Here are the steps that we would normally take if this issue is observed here:

1. When the unit is powered on, the unit takes between 3-5 minutes to initialize and bring up the Web Server that the app interacts with. Any attempts to see the unit in the users wifi settings on their phone will be unsuccessful. Please check to ensure that the user is waiting long enough connect to the unit.
  2. If the user sees the unit as broadcasting its SN in their phone wifi settings and is able to connect to it via the wifi password labeled on the unit, the web server may still be initializing and the app may show an “unable to connect” screen. Ensure that the user is attempting to configure the unit only after they have given 3-5 minutes to boot up.
  3. If the user has connected the unit to their home access network in the past, the unit will not see the unit broadcasting it’s serial number in their wifi settings on their phone. The user will have to connect to the same access network that they configured the unit to in order to access the unit’s settings. This can be done by connecting to the same wifi access network that the unit was configured to and then going to “Station Settings” on the app. The unit should be visible in the list of chargers on the very next screen. We must know if the unit has been attempted to connect to the users access network.
  4. If the above steps are tried and the problem persists, the user can factory reset the unit by holding down the red button in the upper left of the PCBA for 10s then waiting 3-5 mins from the white reset light going off"
For me, I had to do the factory reset a couple of times. I did notice that I had to hold my phone close to pick up the station signal.

All better now...hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sponsored

filmryder

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT ER Agate Black
Occupation
Film and tv

EDIT: Working now! Thanks to Siemens and Ford for the assistance!
Same for me!

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Now that you have it working - 3 things:

do you get charging insights with Ford Pass App?

what version do you see in both CSP setup app and Ford Pass app? .64, .68, or .70?

is it the same in both apps?

lastly, @BzzzzztZapPow what is number you used to contact siemens or ford CSP support

thanks

note: I find it takes what feels like a long time to connect to CSP to check it’s settings.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I had the connection issue, move my truck close to the CSP, restarted the CSP, then started the process over again and it worked. I think the trick is to make sure the truck is near the CSP. Don’t know why.

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER AntiMatter BLue
Occupation
IT
I have been going through this for a month and a half, so it s a bit of a read and i am not including all of the dates of emails i sent to ford Canada, my dealership GM and my Ford support guy, who was not helpful at all, but i dont blame him, Ford isnt the manufacturer of the FCSP, its Seimens.

History:
Installed CSP and it WOULD not connect to the setup app.

Called ford customer support and it took 2 weeks to get anywhere, other than the basic troubleshooting, reset., power cycle, the usual things.

Finally Siemens contacted me and had me try the SSID as the password, this got me setup with the setup app, but not with the Fordpass app. So they contacted me again to go back over the basic setup stpes, which i had already documented for them, each and every step.

When i went to add the station following the steps. the setup app would switch to the fordpass app and i would go to account, and charge station, then i would get the blue screen with the spinny circle, 2 times that screen would show. So then i would connect to fordpass manually, enter the SSID and the password ( same as SSID) and hit next.. ERROR
Incorrect Station id or Access Code

So then i would try the SSID with the original password( the one in the charger and on the manual)...ERROR error Chargepoint not found

I suspect that these have a few passwords built in for various rights. I also suspect that the original password i was given was entered into the CSP incorrectly or there are a batch of them with mismatched SSID To passwords.

So after all of this Siemens said they need to get the fordpass support involved and i never heard back from them. A few days later i got word from the Ford suport guy i have ben dealing with (this was on October 11th, just over 1 month in) and he said i was getting a replacement unit and that it would be overnighted to me, so i would have it last Friday, that did not happen but it did arrive a few days ago( tuesday). So i will be going to the cabin on Friday and installing the new one and going through this again, hoping that it works.

Now, yes, i know that it still charges the truck, but its a 1800 dollar unit and i expect it to work. If this is not working properly, how can i know that the rest of it works properly?

No, its not a WiFi issue or truck not close enough to the unit. I CAN say that the device showed up on my Ubiquiti dream machine as a completely different device, that seemed to throw the Siemens engineer for a loop.

I also went as far as to do a master reset on the truck and clear cache and data from both fordpass and FCSP setup app and uninstall them.

ITs a faulty unit and i have told my dealership GM and the Ford support guy from day 14, that it is a faulty unit and it needs to be replaced.

So in 2 days, i will be setting up the replacement unit and expect it to work flawlessly out of the box.

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER AntiMatter BLue
Occupation
IT
So here is my update,

New charger arrived and i installed it and right out of the box, the setup procedure worked flawlessly. The proper password worked and it synched right up with the Fordpass app, after about an hour wait( I'm guessing for software updates)

But it works now and it only took almost 8 weeks from initial install to getting a replacement working.

Sponsored

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
I have the same issue! Cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network of the Charge station pro and cannot manually connect to charger via ford pass app. I tried the using ssid as password and that didn’t work. Can I ask what phone number you used for support? Everywhere I call say I’m in the wrong department

filmryder

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT ER Agate Black
Occupation
Film and tv
I have the same issue! Cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network of the Charge station pro and cannot manually connect to charger via ford pass app. I tried the using ssid as password and that didn’t work. Can I ask what phone number you used for support? Everywhere I call say I’m in the wrong department
I’m going crazy trying to connect to my station

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
I’m going crazy trying to connect to my station
I’ll say try every letter you possible think it might be. Mine ended up being an I as in ice cream instead of a l as in llama. They look identical! Way to hard to setup drove me crazy for several weeks

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
So here is my update,

New charger arrived and i installed it and right out of the box, the setup procedure worked flawlessly. The proper password worked and it synched right up with the Fordpass app, after about an hour wait( I'm guessing for software updates)

But it works now and it only took almost 8 weeks from initial install to getting a replacement working.
I’m having the same issues everyone here seems to be having.

your solution of getting a whole new FCSP would mean getting an electrician back to take out and put in the new unit, unless you did this yourself? Otherwise that’s a big expense to get this going. And what does the charge station app do vs the Ford Pass app? Thanks!
Sponsored