• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging a Mach E With Charge Station Pro

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
We are thinking about purchasing a 2023 Mach E Select. I understand that Ford intends for the Mach E to charge at a max amperage of 48 amps. I have a Charge Station Pro that is set to 80 amps For my Lightning.

Can I safely plug the Charge Station Pro into the Mach E at the 80 amp setting? I really do not want to be in a situation where I have to open the Charge Station Pro in order to toggle between 80 amps and 48 amps depending upon whether I am charging the Lightning or the Mach E. In this regard, I have not been able to get Internet access to the Charge Station Pro.
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The vehicle requesting the charge 'tells' the EVSE the maximum charge rate it can accept and the EVSE delivers up to that amount. You don't have to do anything.

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The vehicle requesting the charge 'tells' the EVSE the maximum charge rate it can accept and the EVSE delivers up to that amount. You don't have to do anything.
Thank you. That is what I was hoping to hear, just did not want to ASSUME!

Now the question is, a Mach E, an ID4, an Escape PHEV or keep her Volvo S60.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow

With the Tesla price cuts and some models qualifying for the $7500 tax credit, I would heavily consider a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y right now if I were you. I understand some may not be a fan of Tesla but its hard to argue with their reliability and charging network.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Just keep in mind you won't be able to use your FCSP with an Escape PHEV. It doesn't have a CCS socket.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
With the Tesla price cuts and some models qualifying for the $7500 tax credit, I would heavily consider a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y right now if I were you. I understand some may not be a fan of Tesla but its hard to argue with their reliability and charging network.
I’d jump on a model Y if I was in the market for 2nd vehicle. My brain was working on it but it just doesn’t fit ATM

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just keep in mind you won't be able to use your FCSP with an Escape PHEV. It doesn't have a CCS socket.
Thanks. That‘s something my wife and I were talking about last night. The plus for the Escape is that it has a spare tire and does not have range anxiety in winter for how we would use the car.

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good points regarding charging. However, we don’t want a Tesla due to the lack of a ubiquitous service network. Kinda nice to have dealerships within relative spitting distance where ever I’m at.

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Our dealer is checking with Ford to see if there is (or there will be) an adaptor. Even without one, we have decided that the Escape PHEV is a better fit for us than the Mach E Select. The other trims were knocked out because we are interested in maintaining the federal tax credit if at all possible.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I’d jump on a model Y if I was in the market for 2nd vehicle. My brain was working on it but it just doesn’t fit ATM
The price would have time come down way lower for me to consider a Model 3 or Y. Need it to be cheap enough that I could pay for changing the full exterior and interior, as well as changing out the infotainment software to something that has a gauge cluster and supports Android Auto. Basically just want it for the drivetrain and battery and scrap everything else.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Our dealer is checking with Ford to see if there is (or there will be) an adaptor. Even without one, we have decided that the Escape PHEV is a better fit for us than the Mach E Select. The other trims were knocked out because we are interested in maintaining the federal tax credit if at all possible.
An adapter to do what?

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
An adapter to do what?
An adapter to see if I will be able to use my Charge station Pro to charge the Escape PHEV that we ordered. The PHEV only uses the top part of the plug since it is not capable of DC fast charging. You can see pictures on line if you’d like.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
An adapter to see if I will be able to use my Charge station Pro to charge the Escape PHEV that we ordered. The PHEV only uses the top part of the plug since it is not capable of DC fast charging. You can see pictures on line if you’d like.
Ah. Got it. Yes, there is no adapter currently in existence. Of course the charger that comes with the PHEV is 120v, because it can charge the entire battery in 13 hours. 240v is really unnecessary.
Sponsored