• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging Help - Anyone in North Conway?

Nate977p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Hello,

I am doing a worktrip in North Conway and we carpooled in the Lighting. Amazing vehicle for the trip! But I'm a bit stuck charging and wondering if anyone up here has a place I can plug in with either J1772 or a 14-50 (I have a 40 foot extension + mobile charger).

I am not stranded, but hoping someone can help us out so I don't have to leave the truck unattended in a random shopping plaza for 12 + hours :(.

Now living the Tesla life for over 4 years, charging has never been a thought. I spec'd out the trip knowing it's harder with the Lightning. I knew I would be low up here, but planned to trickle on 110v and use a L2 local if needed.

The problem... The 110v here keeps tripping and I cannot set amps like I can in the Tesla (crazy you cannot). I cannot get to another outlet at the AirBnB either.

I then looked on PlugShare and found a 220v down the road! I got there to plug in with my Tesla adapter, and stupidly spaced that the Tesla adapter is for my UMC to J1772, not other way around. I found a J1772 that is public, but it seems to be about 5kw and in a shopping plaza....we have another car but not looking to leave the truck unattended all day.

End of day, totally my fault, but I really am just amazed by the lack of infrastructure, especially compared to Tesla :( I even charged for almost an hour at Mall of NH EA to get a measly 19%.... (69 to 88%).

Thank you in advance if anyone can help!
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm staying up in North Conway Saturday. I was planning on trying to plug in at the Mt Washington Observatory office. It's a little less than 1/2 mile from where I'm staying so I'm just going to leave it and walk back. I'm just not sure whether it's actually available, there are a few recent check ins on Plugshare so I'm going to give it a shot. It looks like there are a few more options but farther from my hotel but it would be a bit of a pain to get back there if I left it.

Let me know what you end up finding. I'm curious about the status of the local turtle charge network.

ETA: As you've now realized, Northern NH charge infrastructure is absurdly bad. It's definitely a downside of an EV in this area. I go hiking and skiing up there quite a lot and it's a bear to plan it out especially when going somewhere in the 302 corridor between Lincoln and North Conway. I never bothered to drive my Bolt up there because I had an AWD ICE vehicle. Now I just have the Lightning so I have to deal with it.