• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
It works! This charger is plugged into a NEMA 14-50 (backed by a 50amp breaker) and is faster than the 110v (20amp) it would be plugged into otherwise. You need to make sure that your tesla wall charger is not locked to Tesla-only.

NOTE: This doesn't work with Tesla SuperChargers - only destination and resi chargers.

This is the model I am using: https://ev-lectron.com/collections/...tination-chargers-and-mobile-connectors-black

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging the F-150 Lightning with Tesla Wall Charger v3 WORKS! WhatsApp Image 2022-06-01 at 2.02.47 PM

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging the F-150 Lightning with Tesla Wall Charger v3 WORKS! WhatsApp Image 2022-06-01 at 2.02.47 PM1

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging the F-150 Lightning with Tesla Wall Charger v3 WORKS! WhatsApp Image 2022-06-01 at 2.02.47 PM (2)

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging the F-150 Lightning with Tesla Wall Charger v3 WORKS! WhatsApp Image 2022-06-01 at 2.02.47 PM (3)
Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
That is good news. Starting to think the FCSP is vaporware.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You are using a 48amp Lectron adapter. It supports 48amps of maximum current. It may, or may not, be designed to support 48amps of continuous current.

Many vehicles can't request more than 48amps. For example, the Mach-E maxes out at 48amps. The maker of the Tesla Tap recommends that for continuous power of 48amps, you buy the 60amp Tesla Tap.

The F-150 lightning can pull at least 80amps, based upon the charger they sell with the high end models. That means that IF the EVSE you are using is capable of supplying more than 48amps, it in fact will. And you should be using a bigger adapter if it is in fact capable of supplying more than 48amps. And based upon Tesla Tap owner's recommendation, if your EVSE is supplying 48amps you should also use a 60amp adapter.

Also, with the Tesla tap, you are advised to connect the tap to the EVSE first, wait 30 seconds, then plug it into the vehicle. Your first picture shows just the adapter plugged in.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
We got one of these for a recent trip with our Mach-e, but it failed at both Tesla destination chargers I tried. Maybe they were 60A EVSEs? Going to try to find a local one and test again.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We got one of these for a recent trip with our Mach-e, but it failed at both Tesla destination chargers I tried. Maybe they were 60A EVSEs? Going to try to find a local one and test again.
Right after getting my Tesla Tap 60, I drove to the only location near me, a hotel, with Tesla destination chargers. Worked fine for the 5 minutes that I charged.

Sponsored

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
It's kind of annoying the app doesn't tell you how many amps you're charging at. Can you at least adjust the amps to charge at on the screen inside the truck? I've visited several hotel destination chargers that would pop the breaker at full power so it really comes in handy to limit it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
You should always be able to dial the charging amps down in the truck (or from the app). At least I hope they've given us a control like that.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You are using a 48amp Lectron adapter. It supports 48amps of maximum current. It may, or may not, be designed to support 48amps of continuous current.

Many vehicles can't request more than 48amps. For example, the Mach-E maxes out at 48amps. The maker of the Tesla Tap recommends that for continuous power of 48amps, you buy the 60amp Tesla Tap.

The F-150 lightning can pull at least 80amps, based upon the charger they sell with the high end models. That means that IF the EVSE you are using is capable of supplying more than 48amps, it in fact will. And you should be using a bigger adapter if it is in fact capable of supplying more than 48amps. And based upon Tesla Tap owner's recommendation, if your EVSE is supplying 48amps you should also use a 60amp adapter.

Also, with the Tesla tap, you are advised to connect the tap to the EVSE first, wait 30 seconds, then plug it into the vehicle. Your first picture shows just the adapter plugged in.
I bought a 60 amp Tesla Tap for continuous home charging, as recommended by the seller. I purchased a second 80 amp Tesla Tap to keep in the truck at all times, in case it's needed for destination charging. I second that you'll want to upsize if you'll be using more.

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks, was going to ask about this once more Lightnings got delivered.

I have a Tesla HPWC in my garage (V2, dip-switch limited to 32A) and I'm hoping to continue using this for my Lightning

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You should always be able to dial the charging amps down in the truck (or from the app). At least I hope they've given us a control like that.
Nope - at least not in the Mach-e

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's kind of annoying the app doesn't tell you how many amps you're charging at. Can you at least adjust the amps to charge at on the screen inside the truck? I've visited several hotel destination chargers that would pop the breaker at full power so it really comes in handy to limit it.
Not on the Mach-E, on the truck.....

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Thank you for confirming this! I was going back and forth on pulling the trigger on this adapter especially with this whole Sun Run fiasco.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I have yet to drive an EV that allows me to tell the charger how much power to draw.

This is usually handled by communication between the EVSE and the onboard charger.

If you can change it, it should be on the EVSE itself.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have yet to drive an EV that allows me to tell the charger how much power to draw.

This is usually handled by communication between the EVSE and the onboard charger.

If you can change it, it should be on the EVSE itself.
All you need is one of the recent couple of million that Tesla built. I can control the amperage from anywhere in the world right on my phone app.
Sponsored