• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Chicago Lightning club

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
Getting my lightning produced on the last 2022 production week. Anyone in the chicago area? I have literally not seen a single lightning in the wild besides the demos at the dealer. I've seen more R1T's here to be honest, but we also arn't too far away from the main plant in Normal, IL

I got the impression Illinois is not a ZEV state or is pushing EV's in general out here.
Sponsored

New World Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR Gray (ordered)
Occupation
Electrician
I saw my first Lightning in the wild yesterday in antimatter blue on Forest Preserve drive in Norridge . It looked awesome and it made me more anxious to get mine !

My order went in on 9/13/22

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I’ve yet to see any Lightnings in the wild in Chicago too. I’ve seen 3 Rivian R1Ts though.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I'm the in only one in southwest burbs in with one that i know of..wait! Until Saturday when i saw the iced blue metallic lariat or limited in Tinley park. I guess there needs to be room for two of us on the road now. I'm fine as long as he stays on his side of town and I'll stay on mine.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am in the city of Chicago and should hopefully have my 2023 Lightning in the next 2-3 weeks. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So apparently the lighting doesn't require the EV plates? Kind of cool! Even more blending in!

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So apparently the lighting doesn't require the EV plates? Kind of cool! Even more blending in!
I was actually hoping for EL plates on my truck, but I learned from my dealer when I took ownership of mine last week that Illinois ran out of numbers for the EL plates, so now they just allow regular plates or custom.

OP
OP

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was actually hoping for EL plates on my truck, but I learned from my dealer when I took ownership of mine last week that Illinois ran out of numbers for the EL plates, so now they just allow regular plates or custom.
I kind of like the B plates because it just looks more incognito as a regular truck. Would be nice to get vanity plates too.

OP
OP

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The northwest chicago suburbs has a zero emission hay delivery truck now (for our sheep). Hoping to meet all of you because my lightning is still only the 2nd one I've ever seen in the wild.

Ford F-150 Lightning Chicago Lightning club 20221120_161015

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The northwest chicago suburbs has a zero emission hay delivery truck now (for our sheep). Hoping to meet all of you because my lightning is still only the 2nd one I've ever seen in the wild.

20221120_161015.jpg
I actually encountered another Lightning yesterday when pulling in to charge at the EA location in Lafayette, IN. Mine is the black Lariat in the pic. The other is a Platinum that was being driven from a dealer in Virginia to Colorado where someone was buying it. I did happen to see a Lightning in Chicago on the far northwest side of the city where I live a few weeks ago, but I think that it was a dealer's mannequin. It was what kicked me into gear to track one down to buy though, since I had canceled my reservation back in June.

Ford F-150 Lightning Chicago Lightning club 20221123_154310

Sponsored
OP
OP

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I actually encountered another Lightning yesterday when pulling in to charge at the EA location in Lafayette, IN. Mine is the black Lariat in the pic. The other is a Platinum that was being driven from a dealer in Virginia to Colorado where someone was buying it. I did happen to see a Lightning in Chicago on the far northwest side of the city where I live a few weeks ago, but I think that it was a dealer's mannequin. It was what kicked me into gear to track one down to buy though, since I had canceled my reservation back in June.

20221123_154310.jpg
How was the lafayette, IN charger? I may need to rely on that for a trip down to indy soon.

I can confirm the EA in Schaumburg runs quite well.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've used the Lafayette EA multiple times before in my Mach-E over the past couple of years and it has always worked well. The parking spaces do not align to the chargers, so that is a little awkward, and there aren't many chargers there, so as EVs become more prevalent, I can see there being a wait at times. Overall, the chargers there are good and there are plenty of food options nearby and a Walmart that you can take advantage of the bathroom at (my wife always jokes that we have never spent more time in Walmarts than we have since getting electric vehicles).

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I just saw my second lightning in the wild. White lariat near Lemont. I drove by him in the parking lot in my Lightning, stopped next to him and tried waving, but he never turned to look. So I now know that at least three exist in the south burbs. Like another mentioned, I've seen at least 10 different Rivians, so I'm still appreciating the rarity our our trucks.

Kind of mad about them running out of EL plates. I have one and was told I had to use EL plates even though I really wanted vanity. Gonna see if I can switch plates when my Tags about to expire.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
1. Bought a MY22 mannequin on 12/08, got EL plates

2. There is a plan to increase chargers along "alternative fuel corridors".
National Map
News article on Illinois plan, containing PDF of plan - "Illinois missed out on the first round of approvals."

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
I am just north of Rockford. Expecting delivery sometime this month. Details in my signature. It's been a long wait!
Sponsored