• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Chirping Alarm on Startup?

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Got my Lightning late December, this just started earlier this week. When I turn the truck on I hear a chirping alarm sounding noise coming from the area around the headlight controls. When I first heard it, it wasn't even a full chirp. The next day it did a fill chirp, the next time 2-3 chirps. This attached video you can hear 9, and I just drove it again after the video an it did it 12 times. Any ideas what is causing it? I used the other fob this last time thinking it could be a security deal with a low fob battery. Maybe thats all it is and both batteries are low?

Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I've never heard that alarm sound on mine.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That doesn't sound like a Ford sound at all. Did your dealer add GPS or other device?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That definitely sounds aftermarket. I would check your paperwork to see if the dealer snuck something in on you.

OP
OP

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
They offered some kind of anti theft deal but I declined and wasn’t charged. I’ll have to take a closer look

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
They offered some kind of anti theft deal but I declined and wasn’t charged. I’ll have to take a closer look
If you can't pinpoint a speaker device look for extra wires added to your fuse box or spliced into a wire. The interior fuse box is in the passenger side floor, very easy to get to. You'll easily see any wires added in.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Mystery solved. Found the little bastard stealing power from by OBD-II
6F258649-5C16-47D3-840C-685AFBD9B39B.jpeg

Thank you for the help!
WTF and dealer didn't even tell you?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
WTF and dealer didn't even tell you?
Why would they? Then they would have to admit that they already installed it and were going to go with the high pressure sale of it's already installed so we have to include it. I'm actually shocked @biers got them to remove the charge for it

tcfila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
My 911 had this as well. A lot of dealers put them on ALL their vehicles.

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I preemptively opted out of all that stuff long before delivery, and reminded them of it about a week before it arrived at the dealer. They didn't charge me for it obviously, and I don't think they had it in their custody long enough to install anything.

But I'm still going to look around. Because I know they do stuff like this. If they can install a tracker, they can potentially sell that info to your finance company as a repo/recovery mechanism. I'd imagine there is a whole kickback infrastructure for such things.

If I find one on mine, i have no idea how it got transferred to a rental car.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I preemptively opted out of all that stuff long before delivery, and reminded them of it about a week before it arrived at the dealer. They didn't charge me for it obviously, and I don't think they had it in their custody long enough to install anything.

But I'm still going to look around. Because I know they do stuff like this. If they can install a tracker, they can potentially sell that info to your finance company as a repo/recovery mechanism. I'd imagine there is a whole kickback infrastructure for such things.

If I find one on mine, i have no idea how it got transferred to a rental car.
This was my thought, what do they have access to without telling the consumer. It's a long stretch, but this is what it will take - if you could prove it was being tacked without your knowledge, you'd probably have a pretty good case worth millions agains the dealer, and it might stop some of the stupid crap that makes them stupid money.

BradBennett

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Realtor
Glad you guys found out what this is. Same thing happened to me as the sound ramped up over the last few days. Is this the SWAT system that they offered to me? I declined it as well.