• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Saw this good feature posted on Macheforum.

A great video showing EV battery recycling efforts in the US.

Share this with someone who doesn't understand EV batteries can be recycled.

Primary business discussed in story
https://www.spiersnewtechnologies.com/

One of the most interesting facts in the video explains just how quickly EV adoption is moving outside the US.

Ford F-150 Lightning CNBC: Where do EV batteries go when they die? (Yes, they can be recycled!) 1680034222676

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I think it is funny that I recognized every single pack, module, and cell in the video and have personally worked on all of them ;) So many more that I have worked on that did not make the video.

Yes, the recycling area is growing at a rapid pace, but not all companies will survive the coming consolidation, just as not all battery manufacturers survived the consolidation in that area.

Skipdart

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
One of the most interesting facts in the video explains just how quickly EV adoption is moving outside the US.

1680034222676.png
That caught my eye too. Would definitely like to see that gap closed up in the near future.
Sponsored