• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
That's the main reason I went with the XLT and the 312A upgrade. I had the 15" screen in my Mach-E but I love physical buttons and dials.

Meanwhile, it costs quite a bit more to manufacture and install those physical buttons and dials, yet it's in the lower cost trims.

I think all trims have heated seats, but the 312A upgrade definitely upgrades the passenger seat for full power adjustments and it definitely has a heated steering wheel.

Heated seats and steering wheel are SO helpful for saving power, so they should be standard on all EVs. From what I know, they were originally designed for ICE vehicles, so they were designed to run with just the 12V power.
I love my Lariat, but not so much the big screen layout. I actually liked the screen, and buttons more in my '21 XLT. But Blue Cruise and better speakers makes up for it.
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I love my Lariat, but not so much the big screen layout. I actually liked the screen, and buttons more in my '21 XLT. But Blue Cruise and better speakers makes up for it.
Eventually they need to get back to letting people order specific options instead of just a couple of packages.

I definitely would've ordered an entirely different combination of options.

My XLT/312A package cost $65K... about $4500 short of the Lariat, but I wanted cloth seats and the smaller screen. It was the only way to get the improved power / heated passenger seat and heated steering wheel without also adding some options I didn't want like leather seats and the bigger screen.

As long as people are factory ordering, it would be so much better for everyone if we could pick exactly what we want.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
197 miles range projected a 90%? I assume this is a standard range ? What is your temperature in your location? Is your heat turned on? I am getting 150-160 miles range projected at 90% charge. =(
Extended range. Temps at night have been in the low 20's. Climate is set to 68 degrees in auto.

Vithar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2017 Explory
Occupation
Civil Engineer
5. When charging, turn off the heater — especially when you use Direct Current Fast Charging (DCFC)
I'm curious the logic on this one. When I was using a DCFC yesterday evening and it was 4F, I wasn't going to turn the heater off well I napped for an hour.

Is it just that it slows down the charging because your using energy or can it actually harm something?
Sponsored