• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
To all of you with a MY23 experiencing FordPass connectivity issues:

This morning I recieved the 4.2.1 PowerUp update, I have been informed this contains the official fix for the FordPass communication errors.

For those of you who are still having issues, please disconnect your 12v battery to force a modem reset. This should allow the 4.2.1 OTA to reach your vehicle and solve your issue.
Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro

This morning I recieved the 4.2.1 PowerUp update, I have been informed this contains the official fix for the FordPass communication errors.

For those of you who are still having issues, please disconnect your 12v battery to force a modem reset. This should allow the 4.2.1 OTA to reach your vehicle and solve your issue.
Good news! Can I pull fuse 32 instead? Can you please include the screenshot of the 4.2.1 update? I haven’t reset my truck for almost a month. It’s been frozen since Feb 22.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Good news! Can I pull fuse 32 instead? Can you please include the screenshot of the 4.2.1 update? I haven’t reset my truck for almost a month. It’s been frozen since Feb 22.
Pretty similar verbiage to the last 4.1.1 update to the truck

Ford F-150 Lightning Confirmed Fix for MY23 FordPass Connectivity Issue = 4.2.1 PowerUp OTA Update ED710C87-7D68-4FD1-BCA6-113EF5A0D8E0

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver

Sorry to be skeptical here but with the failures of the TSB I have to ask: "informed" by whom?

David Gervais

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got off the phone with Ford regardng my truck defaulting to 100% charge when the settings are at 90%. After 15 minutes of conversations they came back and said that their Engineers are aware of the glich and that it may of been caused by 4.2.1 updates and they presently working on it.
In the interim they suggested to set the one time charge to 90% (or what ever you want choose) before charging

Sponsored

Danbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT
Occupation
Self Employed
Just got off the phone with Ford regardng my truck defaulting to 100% charge when the settings are at 90%. After 15 minutes of conversations they came back and said that their Engineers are aware of the glich and that it may of been caused by 4.2.1 updates and they presently working on it.
In the interim they suggested to set the one time charge to 90% (or what ever you want choose) before charging
I set my truck and FP to charge @ 90% when I plug in. Zero problems.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to be skeptical here but with the failures of the TSB I have to ask: "informed" by whom?
Anonymous but credible.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

If you have not already tried this, drive your SOC below your preferences [90%], delete the location based charging profile, then create a new entry the next time you need to charge. Hopefully this resolves the issue. If not stay tuned for further updates and try using the one time temporary limiter CS suggested.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Sponsored
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yes, alternatively you can pull the fuse.

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Yes, alternatively you can pull the fuse.
Pulling fuse 32 worked for me to restore connectivity and the next day the 4.2.1 Power Up update arrived OTA. I had previous had updates performed by dealer service department for TSB 23-2050 which had greatly improved the issue (previously ~4 days between restoring & losing connectivity) as it took three weeks for it to fail after the TSB updates.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Pulling fuse 32 worked for me to restore connectivity and the next day the 4.2.1 Power Up update arrived OTA. I had previous had updates performed by dealer service department for TSB 23-2050 which had greatly improved the issue (previously ~4 days between restoring & losing connectivity) as it took three weeks for it to fail after the TSB updates.
Nice!

While the TSB helped you the actual solution is the 4.2.1 update that is rolling out to all trucks. Most of you have already recieved it. The original post was mostly to notify those who haven't reset their connection to do so so they could recieve the update.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Just received the 4.2.1 update minutes ago.
Now the question is, should I go to the dealer and still get the TSB 23-2050?
Sponsored