• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just received the 4.2.1 update minutes ago.
Now the question is, should I go to the dealer and still get the TSB 23-2050?
I'm not a qualified Ford engineer/technician but my understanding is you now have the connectivity fix, which would render the visit pointless.

Lucky for me I had another issue when I had the TSB done, so it wasn't a complete waste of my time. I can say that after the TSB was applied I again lost connectivity.
Sponsored

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
I received 4.2.1 fix today. Mine has been disconnected since 3/4. I never reset it as I was tired of doing so. I still was able to get the update. I do have it set to connect to wifi at home and I am guessing that's how it came through. Everything is working now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited:

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I received 4.2.1 on March 3rd after having disconnected my battery and I can say that I have not experienced a modem disconnect since. It had been happening 1-2 times per week since getting my truck back in late November. Crossing my fingers it is fixed for good.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I received 4.2.1 on March 3rd after having disconnected my battery and I can say that I have not experienced a modem disconnect since. It had been happening 1-2 times per week since getting my truck back in late November. Crossing my fingers it is fixed for good.
Someone on Facebook mentioned that they recieved 4.2.1 twice. I don't know how credible it is, but keep your eye open in case you get a 2nd update.

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 1999 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
I've had my Lariat ER since 24 January & 3,800 miles & don't think I've seen any updates to date, tho I got a notice from Ford of one coming. Screen says I'm up to date. Everything works fine, FordPass talks to the truck & I can do all the functions on the IOS app without issue. Beuing a veteran "if it ain't broke don't fix it" guy, I hesitate to rock the electrons.

Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Someone on Facebook mentioned that they recieved 4.2.1 twice. I don't know how credible it is, but keep your eye open in case you get a 2nd update.
My Mach-E got 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, which both seemed to have the same release notes. Not sure if that is the same sort of situation you saw on Facebook.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My Mach-E got 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, which both seemed to have the same release notes. Not sure if that is the same sort of situation you saw on Facebook.
Interesting. The one I'm referencing is someone that got 4.2.1 earlier, then got it again today. Who knows the validity of that though?

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Randomly had a message that an update was performed, looks like it installed 4.2.1 and also fixed the app communication at the same time. Guess we'll see how long it lasts.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Just received the 4.2.1 update minutes ago.
Now the question is, should I go to the dealer and still get the TSB 23-2050?
The TSB has been cancelled so your dealer won’t be able to do it. The update replaced the TSB.

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD SB, 2018 Zero FXS, 2014 Zero S
Occupation
Taxi Driver
I picked my 2023 XLT up in January. No issues. After getting used to it for a few weeks, I started
playing around with it a bit. One of the things I played with was using the truck to power things
around my house. It appeared that a day or two after this, I would have an issue of FordPass not
communicating. No drive or charge reports, no lock unlock, etc. I would disconnect the 12 volt
battery for a few minutes and things would work again. It has been working for the last few days
then this morning, I got the update. Hopefully Ford has hired some of the programmers who have
been let go from other Tech companies.

Sponsored

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got 4.2.1 about 10 minutes after doing battery reset to get truck to talk to FP app again. Had been about 5 days since I last lost connection. Was shocked to see 4.2.1 since I it had been since 2/14 that I’d gotten my only update prior in the truck to 4.1.2. Usually modem goes a few days connected and then stops again, so we’ll see if this causes it behave any differently.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
that their Engineers are aware of the glich and that it may of been caused by 4.2.1 updates and they presently working on it.
I was afraid of leaving it on auto update. It is like giving my truck keys to a bunch of drunk blind monkeys but now that they are driving it, it may be too late to ask to have the keys back. I am now a part of that perpetual fixing and breaking cycle. I absolutely expect problems with a new design; Rivian has it, GM has it and Tesla has it too but rolling out a truck without OTA process hammered out and without communicating the initial software version number is a bit unprofessional. The fact that this update description says the same thing as the last one may means monkeys writing the code may be doing drugs too. If this indeed includes a modem fix and they didn’t want to put all fixes in writing, we are talking dishonest monkeys too.

p.s. got 4.1.1 in January and now 4.2.1. Still love the truck and still afraid of auto update.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Got the update and the next morning fordpass would not start or unlock my 23 pro
Sometimes the problem is not the truck but the actual app on your phone, happens with mine so I force stop the application, and sometimes I need to clear the cache.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
p.s. got 4.1.1 in January and now 4.2.1. Still love the truck and still afraid of auto update
Maxx,
I'm right there with you.
I'd like to know more about what all is in these updates before installing them.
Sponsored