• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Confusing XLR 312A Rear Sliding Window and Unique Rear Signature Lighting

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
If you go to the build and price page on the Ford website, then look at the XLT photos with, and without the 312A package, you'll notice that the rear sliding window is only visible when you select the 312A package, but somehow it's not listed in the feature list. The only place they mention it is on the Lariat and Platinum.

The question is... does that $9500 upgrade include this feature?

This is particularly important to me because as many of you know, when you drive with the side windows open on an F-150 there's a lot of noise and pressure on your ears unless you open that rear window.

Also, the summary page lists: "Tailgate ā€“ Power Up/Down with Unique Rear Signature Lighting"... I understand the Up/Down... and that's great news because I've always hated lifting the tailgate, but what is the "Unique Rear Signature Lighting"? Is that the light bar that's on the Lariat and Platinum. It's not in the photos.

So, they have a photo of a feature that's not in the text summary, and text in the summary that's not in the photo.
Ford F-150 Lightning Confusing XLR 312A Rear Sliding Window and Unique Rear Signature Lighting 1643686352275

Ford F-150 Lightning Confusing XLR 312A Rear Sliding Window and Unique Rear Signature Lighting 1643686364719
Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you go to the build and price page on the Ford website, then look at the XLT photos with, and without the 312A package, you'll notice that the rear sliding window is only visible when you select the 312A package, but somehow it's not listed in the feature list. The only place they mention it is on the Lariat and Platinum.

The question is... does that $9500 upgrade include this feature?

This is particularly important to me because as many of you know, when you drive with the side windows open on an F-150 there's a lot of noise and pressure on your ears unless you open that rear window.

Also, the summary page lists: "Tailgate ā€“ Power Up/Down with Unique Rear Signature Lighting"... I understand the Up/Down... and that's great news because I've always hated lifting the tailgate, but what is the "Unique Rear Signature Lighting"? Is that the light bar that's on the Lariat and Platinum. It's not in the photos.

So, they have a photo of a feature that's not in the text summary, and text in the summary that's not in the photo.
1643686352275.png

1643686364719.png
Take a look at the order guide posted in the sticky threads. The build and price has some errors.
It looks to me like it does not list power sliding window for xlt

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Take a look at the order guide posted in the sticky threads. The build and price has some errors.
It looks to me like it does not list power sliding window for xlt
I didā€¦ thatā€˜s why the photos are so confusing. If you use the Build and Price page, all the photos show a flat window, but as soon as you select the $9500 312A upgrade, all of the photos change and the window appears.

Even the 360 interior shows the window when you rotate to the rear. Itā€™s definitely and XLT because itā€™s the 12ā€ screen with manual climate controls, but the window changed too.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I didā€¦ thatā€˜s why the photos are so confusing. If you use the Build and Price page, all the photos show a flat window, but as soon as you select the $9500 312A upgrade, all of the photos change and the window appears.

Even the 360 interior shows the window when you rotate to the rear. Itā€™s definitely and XLT because itā€™s the 12ā€ screen with manual climate controls, but the window changed too.
I believe it is an error. I would look at the physical order guide that has been posted elsewhere on this forum.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
It's similar to the build & price "Tow Technology" Package picture. When ordering my Pro in first wave, the picture threw me off because it implied the package included the large screen. So i added it (not thinking logically due to excitement). Come to find out about a week later that its not included.

They've since added "Platinum Model Shown" to the info page, but even that wording doesn't clarify that the large screen isn't part of the "tech" package. You think tech, you see big screen demonstrating the tech, and you click add. Its as if they're being deceptive on purpose to make people think features are there when they're not. I mentioned it in the survey they sent out, and they still haven't changed the pic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
It's similar to the build & price "Tow Technology" Package picture. When ordering my Pro in first wave, the picture threw me off because it implied the package included the large screen. So i added it (not thinking logically due to excitement). Come to find out about a week later that its not included.

They've since added "Platinum Model Shown" to the info page, but even that wording doesn't clarify that the large screen isn't part of the "tech" package. You think tech, you see big screen demonstrating the tech, and you click add. Its as if they're being deceptive on purpose to make people think features are there when they're not. I mentioned it in the survey they sent out, and they still haven't changed the pic.
Strange, but at least that was a single picture that they needed to add a disclaimer to. When you switch to the XLT with the 312A option, every single photo changes to include the window, even the interior photos and the 360 photos show the sliding window. It's definitely an XLT in each photo, not a Lariat or Platinum because the exterior photos don't have the LED bar, and the interior 360 photo has the smaller screen.

By the way. I have a Mach-e with the large screen and I hate using it for things like adjusting the climate controls or the seat temperature. It's too distracting. My old XLT buttons were so much easier to use.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I got an official answer from Ford via their chat window. Long story short... the photos are wrong.

Here's the chat:
I'm curious about the XLT feature list. It doesn't mention a sliding rear window, but when I add the $9500 312A upgrade, all the photos show the sliding window.

Even the 360 photo is clearly and XLT... but the window definitely is the sliding. F-150 Lightning XLT with 312A upgrade.

Does that mean the text is wrong... or the photos?

The $9500 312A package is pretty expensive, and it would be worth it to me for that feature.

Christina at 15:53, Feb 4:
Thank you for clarifying. This is an error in the image. I will be sure to have our web team take look. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Christina at 15:54, Feb 4:
The 2022 F-150 Lightning PRO and XLT will come with the Rear-window with Fixed Privacy Glass. The Power-Sliding Rear-Window is standard on the Lariat and Platinum.

Joe at 15:54, Feb 4:
Thanks for the clarification. All the photos are wrong then, including the interior shots and the 360

Christina at 15:55, Feb 4:
You're welcome. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Itā€™s come standard with the flat glass but when you pick the package it includes the rear sliding window and tailgate Lightning.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Itā€™s come standard with the flat glass but when you pick the package it includes the rear sliding window and tailgate Lightning.
Thatā€™s why I asked Ford directly. Every photo showed the window after adding the $9500 upgrade, but the text never mentioned it.

Meanwhile, thatā€™s the main reason I was willing to pay the extra $9500.

Unfortunately they said it was a mistake.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Thatā€™s why I asked Ford directly. Every photo showed the window after adding the $9500 upgrade, but the text never mentioned it.

Meanwhile, thatā€™s the main reason I was willing to pay the extra $9500.

Unfortunately they said it was a mistake.
I think Ford reps donā€™t have a clue of what they are talking about. I donā€™t know about the window, but for sure it has the lightbar across the tailgate

Ford F-150 Lightning Confusing XLR 312A Rear Sliding Window and Unique Rear Signature Lighting F94C12F5-0AB0-43A8-B465-3EC93FBD2EFB

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I think Ford reps donā€™t have a clue of what they are talking about. I donā€™t know about the window, but for sure it has the lightbar across the tailgate

F94C12F5-0AB0-43A8-B465-3EC93FBD2EFB.jpeg
I asked them about that too. I edited out some of the chat. Iā€™ll post the whole thing.

What drives me crazy is I specifically chose XLT with 312A for those features. Whenever you drive with a window open, that rear window is essential to keep your ears from popping, and I simply love the look of that light bar.

Iā€™ll see if I have the whole chat. I asked about that too.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer

F94C12F5-0AB0-43A8-B465-3EC93FBD2EFB.jpeg
Hereā€™s the rest of the chat about the light bar. For whatever reason, the photo is of the door down, but the language makes it hard to know if thatā€™s the same ā€signature lightā€ as the Lariat.

Joe at 15:56, Feb 4:
One last thing, it does mention in the 312A package some sort of "signature lighting" for the power tailgate. What's the signature light mean?

I'm guessing the opposite. The text is wrong, because the photo of the tailgate looks the same as the base XLT.

Christina at 15:59, Feb 4:
The 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT comes standard with the Grille ā€“ Geometric Gray-ion fine Satin Metallic w/ Signature Front Lighting, The 312A Equipment Group will include the LED Box Lighting w/Zone Lighting, but this is not what you are referring to. The Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting is standard on the Lariat and Platinum.

Joe at 16:01, Feb 4:
When I look at my XLT 312A reservation it says "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting"

It only says that on the details of my order, but I don't understand what it is.

Or if it's wrong.

Christina at 16:02, Feb 4:
I apologize, the Power Tailgate is included in the 312A. It does not mention the Lighting in the Order Guide though. You will need to speak with your dealership regarding this. I'm sorry about that. Would you like me to locate your nearest dealership?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
itā€™s also handy when tossing your empties into the bed! ?
Thatā€™s why so many people call it a beer can window. Works for passing cans too. :)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thatā€™s why so many people call it a beer can window. Works for passing cans too. :)
Although I have to say, up it now my trucks have always been regular or supercabs. With the Lightning only available in crew cab, that window is going to be a long way back there!
Sponsored