• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Connected Vehicle Features Stopped Working

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Alexa won't respond to wake word and when I use the voice button she says she's having trouble connecting to the network.

Connected Vehicle features said take to dealer, but now is blank when I try to expand it in settings.

Already did a sync restart. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Try yelling louder. ALEXA! ALEXA!
;)

Assuming you meant a Sync Reboot (volume down and right seek held), no other ideas.

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like a larger issue. FordPass can't talk to my truck at all. No remote start or lock doors, unlock etc..

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Spoke with Ford on the phone. Supposedly a failed update install broke FordPass and Connectivity features.. Went through a bunch of steps and scheduled specific update time. Will see what tomorrow brings as she said it will update tonight...

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No dice. Still can't activate FordPass to my vehicle and wake words don't work and Connected Services is blank when I try to view them in Settings...

Guess it'll be a trip to the dealer on Monday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Welp it finally fixed itself and everything is back connected and functioning. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Some interesting troubleshooting was you keep the drivers side door open for 30 seconds after shutting the truck off. This resets something, perhaps with Ford Sync or the modem?

Just wanted to share.

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And stopped working again today... derp...

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For reference

Ford F-150 Lightning Connected Vehicle Features Stopped Working IMG_20220823_173933

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And magically working without doing anything... Something is off... Got officially scheduled for Friday after they looked at non functional today.

Sponsored

run4tacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
And magically working without doing anything... Something is off... Got officially scheduled for Friday after they looked at non functional today.
I’ll be curious what you find out. Mine has done this once and stopped working again this evening.

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So a quick update.. Seems a "gateway" device, and yes its the one named gateway that handles the cellular bands for communication for connected services is the culprit. A replacement has been ordered and so I'm waiting to hear when it arrives to get installed. I'll let you know more detail once I have it.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
So a quick update.. Seems a "gateway" device, and yes its the one named gateway that handles the cellular bands for communication for connected services is the culprit. A replacement has been ordered and so I'm waiting to hear when it arrives to get installed. I'll let you know more detail once I have it.
Your issue is the same I am having and reported under a different thread. It seems that the issue is caused by an update. I have had to reset Ford Connect twice. Each time after an update (TPMS and the recent “future update”.

I am taking my truck in because my gear shift fails to disengage. This repair is being track by Ford (have i incident number and a real persons email.)

I will notify Ford that I am also having an issue with the connectivity.

OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Connected Vehicle Features offline again. About a week to the day after the new gateway module.

This is getting irksome.

Can't communicate with the truck on Fordpass, can't use wifi Android Auto, can't use Alexa, etc, etc.

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkIIVIqrCS_KohpzjqwUIZBBprYj

Last edited:
OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Talked to FordPass support this AM. Went through all of the usuals. Restart Sync, open door lock button routine.. Even did fordpass connect reset on truck.. Nadda..

Truck won't reactivate to pass..

Rep says my truck is reporting two modem serial numbers.. Told to take into service to have APIM and modules looked at again..
Sponsored